Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase some new wheels in the next couple weeks and don't know what size to get. I really like the Foose Nitrous. I know that the bigger you go the more power you lose and i don't really want to sacrifice power. I've never owned any kind of upgraded rims so i don't really know what to expect. Somone help and if you got pics please post. I would also like to put some lowering springs and would love to see what 20" rims look like on springs. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I like the look of 22's but doubt they would work if you want to lower the car. Most opinions I have read is that that performance change with the bigger wheel isn't great enough to worry about.
Maybe I'm wrong and someone that actually has 22's can chime in.
-J

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks-j

Anybody have pics of 20" wheels with lowering springs?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
22's or 24's should be the question.

You can also safely lower the car on 22's. Youll just have to roll the fenders. We do have a wheel/tire/suspention forum. :)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I like the look of 22's but doubt they would work if you want to lower the car. Most opinions I have read is that that performance change with the bigger wheel isn't great enough to worry about.
Maybe I'm wrong and someone that actually has 22's can chime in.
-J
huh, i bet those 22 chrome heavy rims looks great, but dont you race a 14s cars

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Ntohing bigger than 20's....PLease
IMO, 20's are perfect, 22's and up look funny and belong on 300's, not Charger. But thats just me. :)

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
20s if you want to look factory, 22s if you want to be noticed a little

there are many 3 piece 22s that weigh less then the factory SRT rims.
and you can easily lower the car on 22s, people have them lowered on 24s

·
Registered
789 Posts
Ntohing bigger than 20's....PLease
IMO, 20's are perfect, 22's and up look funny and belong on 300's, not Charger. But thats just me. :)
+1

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
huh, i bet those 22 chrome heavy rims looks great, but dont you race a 14s cars
Not all of them are heavier. The loss of performance I was referring to wasn't due to weight it was due to the larger diameter wheel which slow the car down a little. But if he's not taking it to the track then it likely won't change enough to be an issue.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
moi 22 are to much i think 20's

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wouldn't personally go bigger than 20's for the mere fact that give up to much rubber in the sacrifice for the look of the 22's. They look great but they come at a compromise of performance and handling.
Just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Anything over 20s look horrible. Not only does it look bad but the functionality of the wheel/tire go to hell as well. I have no idea why you would go any bigger. It's the most ridicules phenomenon I've seen in the car industry.

·
Registered
135 Posts
After thinking about the BIG wheel phenomenon I may have spoke too soon. I'm still stuck in the high performance side of cars (I'm not leaving this side). So, in regards to my last post, I understand that some don't care what the effect is with huge wheels (20s+) compared to a more performance based wheel (>19). I understand if you don't care about the performance loss, go get yourself some big wheels. *note- Anything over ~20s still look silly.

If you do care slightly about how your car does on the performance side of things. For the love of god, take off the 28s and put on some decent size wheels.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
IMO 20s look like hubcaps, I guess opinions are based on where you live and what you see on a daily basis. where im from girls are riding honda civics on 22s everywhere and they look normal

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
all these un educated people in here crack me up.
huh, i think that if people wants to put 22s or 26" is up to them. But if you ask a question at this forum you should expect differents opinions and you should suck it up. If you want some hevy ass chrome rims that makes your car looks good but as a result it will hurt your performance-wise so be it. so uneducated will be the one that ask a question and expect unbiased answer. btw your car doesnt look like a charger but rather a g...o ass car.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
huh, i think that if people wants to put 22s or 26" is up to them. But if you ask a question at this forum you should expect differents opinions and you should suck it up. If you want some hevy ass chrome rims that makes your car looks good but as a result it will hurt your performance-wise so be it. so uneducated will be the one that ask a question and expect unbiased answer.
Look good??????????????????/:sick: :grin:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts