Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago i placed a order on a 2023 Redeye jailbreak im getting charged 10k over the sticker price i asked around and most dealers are Saying 5-10k Over sticker i was wondering What anyone else is paying

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
If you read the other threads, sounds about right. If your lucky you may find some dealer at msrp but probably not likeliy on a Jailbroke.

You could probably buy 3 Scats two years ago for what they want on those Last Calls.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Sorry:
But this kind of Bullsh*t should be filed under the category, "Your right to know, supersedes your right to exist!"
I'd tell them where they could put that car, and not do it very nicely!

Don

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Yeah I don't get why people are going along with the game. Paying $10k over MSRP? You used to get nearly $5k off.

If it's going to sit a become a showroom/collector car fair enough. If you plan on driving it, it'll depreciate worse than a Benz.

Reactions: N8ECH

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Because they have money and they want the car now. So why not to pay?
Because, if we're following trends, the vast majority aren't paying cash and are financing for 6-8 years. Financing for that long on an already 9 year old car, plus what you'll lose in depreciation. Unless you're putting a huge chunk down, you'll be massively upside down the second it leaves the lot.

In 2 years from now when all is long forgotten, they'll still owe $45k on a dead platform.

Paying nearly double for a car with virtually no improvements in a decade. To each their own.

Reactions: DodgeGuy

·
Registered
2014 R/T Phantom Black
609 Posts
You explained it very well, looking from the financial-rational side.
But in reality people just want new 2023 Dodge Charger, the best of it.
They do have money (more correctly - they can allow high monthly payments) for this car.
Then either they will pay over MSRP whatever dealer is asking, or will leave without car / contract, going to spend their time with another dealer.....

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
You explained it very well, looking from the financial-rational side.
But in reality people just want new 2023 Dodge Charger, the best of it.
They do have money (more correctly - they can allow high monthly payments) for this car.
Then either they will pay over MSRP whatever dealer is asking, or will leave without car / contract, going to spend their time with another dealer.....
There are so few of them though, in terms of 392s and Hellcats. In my opinion, better let them to those who can pay that price and they won't blink an eye financially. Buy a used one in a year or two.

If you're financing a Dodge Charger for 7 years and paying $70k for something that should be mid-$40s, you are a goober and really can't afford the car.

Reactions: DodgeGuy

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
If I'd be looking today, a 392 would be out of my price range. Hell a 5.7 would be pushing it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
About a month ago i placed a order on a 2023 Redeye jailbreak im getting charged 10k over the sticker price i asked around and most dealers are Saying 5-10k Over sticker i was wondering What anyone else is paying
If you are ORDERING a car you shouldn't have to pay OVER the retail price. Reason being the dealer only has to 'order' what you want and will have very minimal to do with it when it arrives other than paperwork, cleaning, etc.. They don't have to 'house' or keep it on the lot, they don't have to add it to their 'inventory' (which can cost them) or such... In fact, they get BONUS money for the amount of vehicles they sell and this will just be 'gravy' for them... I know... I ordered one (2017) myself and it was no big deal... They kept trying to get me to buy something 'off the lot', but I wanted a specific color (GoMango) and I wanted it with 'everything' EXCEPT for the sunroof... Never liked them much and why spend thousands for something I won't use...
In any case, the FIRST dealer I talked to tried the same thing with me and it turns out that he was 'ordering' the car from ANOTHER DEALER!! When I found that out, I went to a different dealership (about 60 miles away) and talked to the manager there and he told me that yeah, some dealers do that to make extra money and it's perfectly legal, but not a 'good' thing to do for customers (especially repeat ones like I was!).

Anyway, I canceled the one, fought hard to get my deposit back (they TOLD me that the FACTORY required it to 'custom' build a car), then bought it from the new dealer at full retail price... He was happy, I was happy, everyone got what they wanted from it... My suggestion is to keep contacting dealers until you can find one that will sell for Suggested Retail (SRP)... Be upfront about it and tell them, "The first dealer I talk to that will sell it for SRP gets my business".

It might take you a dozen or so dealers (these days) and, depending on where you are and they are, could even be out of state, but they will still charge you the same (local) taxes, registration, etc... But no HUGE markup! If they don't want to sell it for SRP, just say "Okay, thanks, I will call someone else" and go on...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts