Charger Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I had this happen to me in the Buick in busy highway traffic. Luckily was able to coast over a couple of lanes to the breakdown lane and stopped. Very little power pressing the accelerator pedal.

Called the wife and Waited a few minutes. Car restarted with button and seemed normal. Drove in the breakdown lane fpr a bit and then continued onto my destination with no repeat fail.

Took it to the dealer and they replaced a “defective” Throttle Body under warranty.

Sounds like yours ended up with a valve hitting the piston after restarting. I would definitely have them scope the the chamber for piston/wall/valve damage and debris, if they haven’t already pulled the intake and the affected head.
Damn bro that sucks is definitely a scary experience, I was hoping it was just the throttle body based off off the Uconnect.
Im not sure what they have done, they said the new head and gaskets would be there on Tuesday. I’m not sure if that means they already pulled it or not. It seems like they have a tech working on it like that and I’m trying to put my trust in him.
I am under warranty and all but at the same time sucks being out of a 2022 car for 3 weeks now

· Registered
7,470 Posts
How worried should I be about that I didn’t get to reset before. I don’t race it but ik my top speed shows as well as the 0-60 and all.
It depends on how extensive and costly the repair is and whether or not the top speed was ridiculously fast. The dealership may not even check. Some do. It doesn't sound from your post you have anything to worry about.

But folks that do drive agressively speed wise need to be aware the car can give them away.

· Registered
2,528 Posts
Damn bro that sucks is definitely a scary experience, I was hoping it was just the throttle body based off off the Uconnect.
Im not sure what they have done, they said the new head and gaskets would be there on Tuesday. I’m not sure if that means they already pulled it or not. It seems like they have a tech working on it like that and I’m trying to put my trust in him.
I am under warranty and all but at the same time sucks being out of a 2022 car for 3 weeks now
If it was my car (last of the Hemis) I’d want to see the damaged head and the condition of the cylinder(s) with the head off to see what’s pancaked.

I don’t trust anyone. I’ve seen too many idiots doing the minimum and not doing it right.

Are they giving you a decent rental?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If it was my car (last of the Hemis) I’d want to see the damaged head and the condition of the cylinder(s) with the head off to see what’s pancaked.

I don’t trust anyone. I’ve seen too many idiots doing the minimum and not doing it right.

Are they giving you a decent rental?
I’m definitely going to ask for a pictures, it is at a dodge dealership and dodge is involved somewhat so I’m hoping they know what they’re doing but still want confirmation on everything.
No rental 😡 they ordered me a Lyft from the dealership. As I read into the warranty I saw that a rental isn’t provided, not 100% though but I’m also not 25

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I’d want to put eyes on it.

In case you havent seen it, Here’s another member that had a valve spring failure but at high mileage and a cam upgrade with a pancaked piston.

Valve spring failure after upgrading to 6.4 cam
Thank you. A lot of problems I seem to be finding are from upgrading a part without doing their springs as well, over revving, or over time wearing. I haven’t done anything to the engine, I don’t rev my engine, and it’s only got 8,000 miles. It was cold that day (dropped to like 15 degrees) but I also wait a minute or two to start driving when it’s cold like that. Could have been cold weather idk?I was trying to see if that was a case anywhere. Thinking it’s just factory and a i got lucky.
Im going to ask for pictures of everything, definitely worried about that.

· Registered
10 Posts
Thank you. A lot of problems I seem to be finding are from upgrading a part without doing their springs as well, over revving, or over time wearing. I haven’t done anything to the engine, I don’t rev my engine, and it’s only got 8,000 miles. It was cold that day (dropped to like 15 degrees) but I also wait a minute or two to start driving when it’s cold like that. Could have been cold weather idk?I was trying to see if that was a case anywhere. Thinking it’s just factory and a i got lucky.
Im going to ask for pictures of everything, definitely worried about that.
Any news yet on what exactly went wrong and why? Hope you get resolution on this soon.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts