Charger Forums banner
5401 - 5420 of 5460 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im guessing thats one of that factors determining the progress. I was also told that sunroof gets your order delayed, but not sure how true that is
I know the people at the dealership I ordered mine through, and they said sunroof and stripes add a lot of extra time. They have to ship the car somewhere else to have the stripes added and was told you can expect an extra 3 weeks minimum of you add that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
View attachment 307996
Move from order confirmed to scheduled today :)
We ordered pretty much identical cars, the only difference I can see in your sig is that I picked the carbon/suede package. Other than that, identical. Ordered 7/20. Still no movement on mine yet.

I'm betting that carbon package delays things substantially likely due to the logistics of it. I'm guessing the way it works is that Dodge waits until they get enough orders (whatever number that may be) for cars with that package, then orders enough parts for them all at once. Then it's a waiting game for the supplier to actually make the parts and have them delivered to Brampton. Bummer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We ordered pretty much identical cars, the only difference I can see in your sig is that I picked the carbon/suede package. Other than that, identical. Ordered 7/20. Still no movement on mine yet.

I'm betting that carbon package delays things substantially likely due to the logistics of it. I'm guessing the way it works is that Dodge waits until they get enough orders (whatever number that may be) for cars with that package, then orders enough parts for them all at once. Then it's a waiting game for the supplier to actually make the parts and have them delivered to Brampton. Bummer.
If it's an identical order you're probably spot on with the reasoning: The carbon package is the delay. With today's supply chain shortages it's a crap shoot whenever something is ordered. I may have selected the right options. Time will tell. I can be placed in limbo anytime from now till it's built.

·
Registered
2022 SPWB
472 Posts
Keep us updated. I’m curious how this one plays out. I’ve heard several people say that once it goes into “TBD” it actually shipped which happened basically right when your car got invoiced to the dealer. I’m convinced some of these dealers either don’t know how to look it up or don’t even bother looking it up. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if yours doesn’t just show up one day. What part of the country do you live in?
Mine did that, never got an estimated delivery date it just showed up one day. It happens

·
Registered
10 Posts
If the railroad strike happens there will be major delays affecting deliveries. We'll know soon enough.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Random question, if anyone knows and it might be stupid, but I'll wear the dunce cap in that case. When they manufacture the cars do they build them in order of VIN? or will they 'bounce' around depending on parts availability?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Random question, if anyone knows and it might be stupid, but I'll wear the dunce cap in that case. When they manufacture the cars do they build them in order of VIN? or will they 'bounce' around depending on parts availability?
The Canadian market cars are a whole different ballgame. I can't speak to why they build those in the timeframe that they do and why they take forever.

However, for everything else, no, neither the VIN, VON, or time the order is placed really matters. It seemingly comes down to parts availability and supply chain. We see this over and over in this thread, the more base a car, generally the quicker it gets built. Options like the Hemi Orange package (which requires shipment to an upfitter on top of using unique seats and dashboard trim) and the Carbon/Suede package seem to massively slow up the orders. Base narrowbodies get built and shipped in no time.

Reactions: Lunch_Box

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks @safetypilotcal much appreciated.

Thought I'd check the Canadian Dodge site and their online shopping tool to see if similar cars are being made (they also post VINS with the cars). Bunch of VINS right around mine and low and behold there's my car. Guess that means it's actually going to be made.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got a text from my dealer today that my Scat has finally touched down!! This has been a long 3 1/2 months!! Only thing is, I’m out of town for work til Friday!! Of course it would deliver while I’m away.

Also, for those of you that have a estimated delivery date after it’s officially been shipped it is a strong possibility that it will just show up at the dealership out of nowhere! My tracker initially said 9/16, and then it changed to 9/19, but my car was delivered today and now the tracker is back to saying 9/16. No real accuracy like everyone in the previous posts stated!

Reactions: Rajiv

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got a text from my dealer today that my Scat has finally touched down!! This has been a long 3 1/2 months!! Only thing is, I’m out of town for work til Friday!! Of course it would deliver while I’m away.

Also, for those of you that have a estimated delivery date after it’s officially been shipped it is a strong possibility that it will just show up at the dealership out of nowhere! My tracker initially said 9/16, and then it changed to 9/19, but my car was delivered today and now the tracker is back to saying 9/16. No real accuracy like everyone in the previous posts stated!
Yeah min said 9/17 then went to 9/6 when it went into production then went to TBD once it was built and Monday it went back to 9/17 but my dealer just text me and said it’s still at the plant.. I’ve had my build sheet for 7 weeks and my window sticker for 3 weeks.. So has it really been sitting in a lot for 7 weeks or is it actually on its way and no one really knows? I guess we’ll find out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah min said 9/17 then went to 9/6 when it went into production then went to TBD once it was built and Monday it went back to 9/17 but my dealer just text me and said it’s still at the plant.. I’ve had my build sheet for 7 weeks and my window sticker for 3 weeks.. So has it really been sitting in a lot for 7 weeks or is it actually on its way and no one really knows? I guess we’ll find out!
Yeah after mine was officially built and “shipped” the estimated delivery sat at TBD for like 2 weeks then I checked the tracker one day and it updated to 9/16.

5401 - 5420 of 5460 Posts