Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things are really coming together and I’m very happy with the progress so far there is so much more to do and it seems as though the more that I do the more I realize there will never be a stage where I am fully content. I am not gonna lie I am still on the fence about putting in the supercharger it is a big investment and I believe that the V8 is a better platform but something inside does amuse me trying to get the most out of this 3.6. So far the mods list include spoiler with liquid vinyl wicker bill cold air intake resonator and muffler delete with super 10 I also dropped it 2 inches and not really change the whole look of the car from before and after exterior wise I really love the way that it looks I would love to get Vicrez demon kit for it though i’ve been looking for a tune for my car again as it is a 2021 SXT and there is no tune for it yet I don’t know if the Dino shop could do it there if there’s a way to unlock the PCM on my own I don’t know they have tunes But not for the 3.6 yet I want to do a lot of things to my engine like coil packs super charger a pro charger even possibly turbo but I hear better things about ripp vs prodigy But I know that prodigy sells internal components of the pentastar.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Looks like you did your homework...
How much time and money do you have to spend?
So far - I've yet to see anyone who has stuck with their supercharged Pentastar build for more than 2-3 years.

Amusement aside...is it REALLY that important to you?
Unless you have some sentimental value..I cant see why one would go down this route..
I have a 9+ year old Pentastar at this point and it still runs fine...no harm in enjoying it for what it is and saving the money for something more significant down the line..

Just my .02.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Post some pics!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Lost me at wickerbill.......
and Super 10s.

If you were thinking about a supercharger or turbo, but wanted a V8, why not just get the R/T from the start?

For a tune, you will need to buy an unlocked PCM. Then you can have a tuner alter your stock tune with HP tuners. I doubt you would gain much for the money you will spend.
I agree with Powerman. Enjoy the car at its current power levels, and trade it on an R/T or Scat Pack when prices return to normal in 2 years.
If in that 2 years, you become emotionally attached, then supercharge it, but really the R/T will be the same basic car, so the emotional attachment will carry over.
Plus with an R/T(or Scat) you get that nice V8 sound.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Lost me at wickerbill.......
Not my cup of tea either. Agree with the others that this isn't even worth doing. You'll get better results and have something saleable later if you just get an R/T and leave all the boy racer poo for the WRX crowd.

Best,

Reactions: HemiLonestar

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Just recopying my post from your original post 4 months ago:

Nothing wrong with an SXT or GT model but I wouldn't bother trying to mod it for speed.

Your money is honestly better spent trying to make it handle and brake better since those mods would actually have real world impacts. If you have single piston front calipers you can get two piston brakes pretty cheap. If you already have the two piston you can upgrade to the Police big brakes. You can put on beefier sway bars and lower the car like you wanted.

Unless you dump stupid amounts of money into it, it won't ever beat a V8 to the corner but maybe you can carry more speed thru that corner!

That's what I would do if I really wanted to mod a V6.
Don't dump big money into a brand new Pentastar, in the end you will have a car worth less than when you started. Enjoy the car, you can take the wickerbill and springs off when you sell. You said your credit wasn't good enough to get an R/T... that means save your money and build up your credit and wait until this car shortage is over and prices return to "normal".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts