Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Scat Pack widebody....

I am wondering if a mid muffler delete does anything for the car and if it will void the warranty.

Why do people do it?

What about Cold air intake

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Charger Scatpack Widebody
42 Posts
2021 Scat Pack widebody....

I am wondering if a mid muffler delete does anything for the car and if it will void the warranty.

Why do people do it?

What about Cold air intake
I have a 2020 Scat Pack Widebody and I had installed the AFE Power cat-back Exhaust (muffler and resonator delete). Personally I think it sounds great but their is drone inside the cabin. I did it for the sound, the drone doesn't bother me. I rarely have passengers in my car. As for the intake you will see a lot of posts on the forum about this, you wont get a noticeable increase in power, I think some have said they even saw a loss in power. The intakes that have the open air box get heat soaked.

A lot of forum members recommend the hellcat drop in filter that you can get on amazon (Mahle part# LX3482) about $30. If your not worried about actual horse power increase and just want looks and sound, then it just depends on how much money you want to drop just for that.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hellcat filter element is the way to go flows more air than stock.
Your exhaust will get louder the more miles you put on the car.
Save your money for fuel as it’s going up.
Drive the car in sport mode it will keep the exhaust flaps open if your looking for more sound.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
What Joebiker said.... I understand the urge to immediately do "something" to the car. In the case of V8 Chargers with Active Exhaust you aren't find any more horsepower so you are chasing sound. Let the car get 5-10k miles and if you don't like the sound in Sport mode then go ahead and tinker. The factory exhaust is pretty amazing actually.

The hellcat air filter is a solid recommendation as it passes more air when fully dirty than the 5.7 or 6.4 need (and that can't be said for the stock 5.7 or 6.4 filter).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts