Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking to pick up my 2021 charger scat pack anytime from the dealer. I didn't order my car with the dynamics package so it's coming with the 245/40/20 tires and 20x9 wheels. I have been doing lots of research lately about tire sizing and wheel sizing.
So my question is, could I fit 275/40/20 on a hellcat replica wheel 20x9.5 all around my charger? I have heard putting 275 tires on the front may cause rubbing and other issues, but I have also heard 275 tires are perfectly fine to put on the front. So I was looking for a final and correct answer to if I could put 275 size tires on the front of my scat pack charger?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,281 Posts
From what I learned if you get the correct spacing for the Hellcat Wheels the 275's will work perfectly fine. Hellcats narrow body's come with 275's all around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I learned if you get the correct spacing for the Hellcat Wheels the 275's will work perfectly fine. Hellcats narrow body's come with 275's all around.
Okay thanks! And when you say correct spacing what do you mean by that? Was looking at hellcat replicas and they are 20x9.5 with an offset of +13

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Shouldn't be any rubbing since your 13.0 mm offset will stick out about 1/4 inch more than the Dynamics 18.5 mm wheels. And your Scat Pack with SRT spindles give you extra clearance on top of that.

You can see the clearance I have on my SRT with Hellcat 18.5 mm and 275's, you will have even more.

So you look to be good here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
You'll be fine. There's countless people that run 275s all around, or up front, won't be an issue.

Reactions: scatpack15

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My concern is the +13 offset on the fronts. You'll be fine on the inside, but with a 275, you may actually make some contact on the fender side.

I go through wheels like most people go through tires. I get bored, I change wheels. I've been through 7 sets in 3 years counting my drag set-ups and I've been doing wheels and tires for a loooong time.

One set I had were 20x9 with +15mm offset on the front but due to spoke design, I had to run a spacer to clear the Brembos (I also had to put longer studs because I needed a 1/2" spacer to clear).

With a 275/40 on the front, I was rubbing the push pins that hold the fender liner in. I never heard it, but saw it while washing the car. I swapped tires down to 245/45 and didn't have any contact at all.

Just something to look for

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shouldn't be any rubbing since your 13.0 mm offset will stick out about 1/4 inch more than the Dynamics 18.5 mm wheels. And your Scat Pack with SRT spindles give you extra clearance on top of that.

You can see the clearance I have on my SRT with Hellcat 18.5 mm and 275's, you will have even more.

Thanks for the help! My charger scat pack comes with the SRT spindles ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it does!

Awesome good to know. So looks like I’ll be going 275/40/20 with the 9.5 wide wheels all around my car! Appreciate your help. Does it matter if I go 275/40 or 275/45??

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Awesome good to know. So looks like I’ll be going 275/40/20 with the 9.5 wide wheels all around my car! Appreciate your help. Does it matter if I go 275/40 or 275/45??
Go with the 275/40, that is the factory size and they overall diameter about the same as the 245/45.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go with the 275/40, that is the factory size and they overall diameter about the same as the 245/45.

Appreciate you bro. You’re a great help for real you’re saving me. Gonna order my new tires and wheels. Hoping I can sell my oem wheels and tires as a set for like $1,500 online

·
Registered
266 Posts
+18.6 is the OEM offset, so yeah, it will tuck in just a bit further into the wheel well

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Dang, 18.6 for Charger, 18.5 for Challenger. The WRT Challenger was also 18.5 but 19.2 on Charger. Always gotta be different to keep you guessing!

But a 13 mm will stick out further not be tucked in closer than an 18.

·
Registered
989 Posts

Do OEM Hellcat wheels also have 18.5 mm offset?

·
Registered
989 Posts
I was looking at these & they have a +15mm ofset.

Reactions: Mantis

·
Registered
3,254 Posts

Those 20x9.5 @ 15 offset would be perfect on a Scat Pack.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,122 Posts
That's a nice place. Depending upon how brassy their Brass is, I may get my wheels there. I'd get the FR70 myself.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

The good thing about FR is that Bruce won't sell you ANYTHING that won't fit your ride. Give him a call, he'll answer all your questions.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts