Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think there will be any issues with putting 20x10's all around wrapped in 275/40ZR20's? Not looking to mess with lowering, cutting or spacers. Set it and forget it. Hope to hear your thoughts~

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Well, the stock 275 wheels are 20x9.5 with +18.5mm offset so just need to figure out what offset you will need to keep the inside of the wheel at the same position while going to a 20x10. The online calculators should tell you this.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have 9.5" up front with +15 offset with 275/40/20. I have a feeling you'll have issues with a 10" wheel with a similar offset. It may work if you push it out a bit but would look goofy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, the stock 275 wheels are 20x9.5 with +18.5mm offset so just need to figure out what offset you will need to keep the inside of the wheel at the same position while going to a 20x10. The online calculators should tell you this.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I like this calculator. It gives a visual representation of the numbers.

·
Registered
885 Posts
The problem with a low offset on the front is that you can and most likely rub on the outside, either the fender or the liner.

I had a set that were +8mm when installed with the spacers to clear the suspension, but rubbed the finder liner on the outside. Just something else to consider.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
193 Posts
The problem with a low offset on the front is that you can and most likely rub on the outside, either the fender or the liner.

I had a set that were +8mm when installed with the spacers to clear the suspension, but rubbed the finder liner on the outside. Just something else to consider.
Is that 8mm enough to change the steering geometry? I don't know how much a 1/4 will move things, but the farther out you go from the hub the more it affects your steering geometry and camber angle.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Is that 8mm enough to change the steering geometry? I don't know how much a 1/4 will move things, but the farther out you go from the hub the more it affects your steering geometry and camber angle.

It doesn't change suspension geometry. I've been doing alignments and tires for a loooong time and racing in some form or another just as long. On a daily driven car, you'll never notice the difference in "scrub radius" changes.

The set I had to space out, I went 1/2" out because of the spoke design to clear my Brembos. I also had to use longer studs to do that. A 275/40 rubbed the fender liner on the outside. Not bad, but it ground off a couple of the push pins that hold the liner in. Swapped to 245/45's and it cleared fine. Neither of which changed my alignment.

One thing about spacers on our cars... with MOST wheels, 6mm spacer is as thick as you can safely go with the factory studs. Any thicker and you'll need longer studs.

When you mount a wheel on our cars, if you can't get 7 full turns on the nut before torquing it, there aren't enough threads engaged to be safe.

These are pics from where I was fitting that set of wheels and was testing stud length and thread engagement.

These were the wheels on the car

I kept them about 4 months and took them off to put my Centerlines on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts