Charger Forums banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
$46k with 8k miles you would have to be smokin crack to buy that car.
That’s new car pricing worth traveling to get the New Car with zero miles

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Man if you think you want to sell your v8 Charger speed directly to CarMax before they have a huge reset. Look at this one, probably the worst I've seen so far: https://www.carmax.com/car/19387173

That is a base model Scat with no options that stickers for $41,490... with just the rebate and zero negotiations you'd get a price of $36,640 here is the sticker: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDXGJ8LH135434

But why pay $36,640 (and much less with any negotiation) when you can pay $46,000 for one with 8k miles?!

A dealer near me has dozens of Scats on the lot it isn't scarcity anymore!
The only thing I can think of is that dealers who have inventory in markets that are scarce aren't selling at MSRP, but marking them up. I ran into this same issue with a few dealers here in the SF Bay Area back in June/July. They were saying that the factories were closed, so no new cars were being made at the time (which was true), so the only inventory on new cars were orders that were placed pre-Covid. Of course, now that factories are up and running again, this shouldn't be an issue, but with the 2020's no longer being made, and Power Dollars not applying to 2021's, perhaps there are still some dealers that can get away with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When the rebates are good, I'm happy with Invoice plus half the Holdback on an ordered car. That gives me a good deal and dealer still makes his money.

On this Scat Pack the MSRP is $49,470 and the Invoice is $46,668. The Holdback is $1,454 so half that is $727, so I'm telling the dealer I will will pay him $45,941 and then subtract the FCA rebate of $4,850 and that leaves a final price of $41,091.

That gives you a good deal on the car you want and the dealer makes over $700 for doing not much except taking your money and placing the order.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Hey, I thought this was great. How well does this tactic work? I'm going to a couple of dealerships tomorrow to try this out. I want to order a scat pack 2020. hopefully, they can do this same type of deal. It's fast and convenient for both customer and dealers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No - it’s not a bait and switch. That’s the price. This region, unlike anywhere in the U.S. , can allow multiple rebates whereas elsewhere in US you cannot qualify for multiple. Rebates, holdbacks, incentives are all market/region based through manufacturer. I purchased my 2019 Charger Scat at this place In Feb new with this much off MSRP.
nice. So you think it is realistic that I could negotiate the invoice price minus the HP rebates, then add their Holdback amount ? that way both parties get a good deal fast and easy.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hey, I thought this was great. How well does this tactic work? I'm going to a couple of dealerships tomorrow to try this out. I want to order a scat pack 2020. hopefully, they can do this same type of deal. It's fast and convenient for both customer and dealers.
I'm pretty sure ordering for 2020 closed a few weeks ago. Any orders now are 2021 and may or may not be subject to Power Dollars when they come in (I can't imagine they'd hold for long but they do want to sell all the 2020s on the lot too).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm pretty sure ordering for 2020 closed a few weeks ago. Any orders now are 2021 and may or may not be subject to Power Dollars when they come in (I can't imagine they'd hold for long but they do want to sell all the 2020s on the lot too).
Daaamn, that sucks I was really trying to order one this week. Do you know if there's gonna be any decent incentives on the 2021 model, based o past history? thanks man

·
Registered
27 Posts

Has anyone recently purchased a 2020 Scat Pack?

Most of the dealers I’ve talked to (both in and out of CA) have seemed firm on MSRP, stating that limited inventory has driven up demand. While I don’t doubt inventory is limited, and see that most of the cars are still “in transit,” I have a tough time believing the demand for brand new muscle cars is very high with everything that’s going on.

I wanted to see if other folks are experiencing the same thing? I’d love to take advantage of the power days rebate since it’s 10%+ off sticker price right off the bat, but if that means I need to pay full sticker I’m a bit less inclined to try and buy right now.

Before the power days rebate, were folks paying anything close to sticker on these? I’ve heard a few dealers extending their employee discount (4% below invoice) on new vehicle orders, but by the time these come in, the rebate may be expired.

I’m in no rush to buy, other than the fact that I don’t want to miss out on saving $5k. However, if getting this type of discount on scat packs isn’t common (whether through power days or not), I might need to act sooner rather than later.

Also, does have any sense of whether the power days rebate will be extended beyond the end of this month? My gut tells me it’s likely since most dealers don’t have much stock to sell right now since everything is in transit or hasn’t been built yet, but if anyone has more info, I’d appreciate it.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,120 Posts
everyone need to make money,I was very happy to get my 2020 Charger at invoice (which was the salesman's offer), minus the Power Dollars, and let the dealership and its employees make a buck too. Call me crazy, I guess.
I'd call you responsible.

·
Registered
2020 Charger SXT Plus AWD - Frostbite/Black
110 Posts
everyone need to make money,I was very happy to get my 2020 Charger at invoice (which was the salesman's offer), minus the Power Dollars, and let the dealership and its employees make a buck too. Call me crazy, I guess.
I completely agree with you and have posted to that effect on this forum. That is the same pricing deal I got on my 2020 Charger and I felt that was fair for all parties involved. Exactly right, everybody's gotta make a living. I wonder how someone would feel if his employer tried to negotiate his salary downward!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I completely agree with you and have posted to that effect on this forum. That is the same pricing deal I got on my 2020 Charger and I felt that was fair for all parties involved. Exactly right, everybody's gotta make a living. I wonder how someone would feel if his employer tried to negotiate his salary downward!
I understand what you're saying, you don't need to bleed every dollar out of a deal etc. but I seriously doubt any of us would pay invoice if there weren't Power Dollars involved. The fact that FCA rebates you money shouldn't affect that negotiation.

161 - 170 of 170 Posts