Charger Forums banner

121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'm waiting for a new thread from a new member asking if these are good deals on these carmax sales.
I refuse to accept that there is so much pent up demand for the Charger or any car for that matter during the Pandemic that it would warrant these insane price increases. I've never seen so many 2015+ Charger R/T that stickered brand new at $38-41k and the asking price is over $30k.

And especially now that dealer lots aren't empty (although you see many more Scats near me than R/T).

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
There's a sucker born every minute lol

Maybe it's time I consider selling my beast. Hell, I could get $100k for it based on that CarMax listing hahahhaaaa

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
It has certainly motivated me to make time in my schedule to take my highly optioned Scatpack into Carmax for a quote.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
It has certainly motivated me to make time in my schedule to take my highly optioned Scatpack into Carmax for a quote.
Seriously, let us know what they offer you, I'm curious. Probably no better time in last 12 months to try and sell your car to them. That can easily change in a month if the system catches up. They must have some sales data to support the prices, used V8 Chargers are much higher than they've been in the past 12-18 months. It is to the point where I don't understand why folks aren't just cross shopping new.

This happens a lot with Honda on minivans and Pilots, a used two year old one with 10-15k miles is only about $2,500-3k less then a brand new one.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Look at this thing: https://www.carmax.com/car/19234271 all it has is a sunroof and they want $41,000 for a 2017 Scat! You could walk into a Dodge dealer and order a 2020 Scat with Sunroof and pay what $38,500 just with the Power Dollars rebate?

Ritz you need to go to CarMax today before their computers reset...

Reactions: Punisher69

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Looking at some of the other cars advertised, carmax must be on meth because it's not just the Charger prices that are overinflated.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Look at this thing: https://www.carmax.com/car/19234271 all it has is a sunroof and they want $41,000 for a 2017 Scat! You could walk into a Dodge dealer and order a 2020 Scat with Sunroof and pay what $38,500 just with the Power Dollars rebate?

Ritz you need to go to CarMax today before their computers reset...
I'll let you know what they offer. I mostly just feel guilty that it's sitting in the garage when someone could be driving it and really enjoying the car.

Best,

Reactions: Punisher69

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Everyone considering selling, sell now... I keep seeing these and it is insane... now Carvana isn't the cheapest but check this out: 2018 Dodge Charger | Carvana

Why in the hell would you buy a 2018 Scat (even with low miles) and pay $900 over the new sticker price? And how are they saying that this is "Save $2,482 vs. KBB"

I'll save you the look up here is the original sticker in 2018: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDXGJ6JH163343

So that car with only Power Dollars and zero negotiation would be $36,240, who in the hell is paying $41,990 when it stickered for $41,090 brand new?! Hell a 2018 will soon be 3 model years old...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Everyone considering selling, sell now... I keep seeing these and it is insane... now Carvana isn't the cheapest but check this out: 2018 Dodge Charger | Carvana

Why in the hell would you buy a 2018 Scat (even with low miles) and pay $900 over the new sticker price? And how are they saying that this is "Save $2,482 vs. KBB"

I'll save you the look up here is the original sticker in 2018: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDXGJ6JH163343

So that car with only Power Dollars and zero negotiation would be $36,240, who in the hell is paying $41,990 when it stickered for $41,090 brand new?! Hell a 2018 will soon be 3 model years old...
A bit off topic, but when I click the Carvana link, it says the car isn't available to me in CA because it doesn't meet emissions standards. Aren't all Chargers 50-state compliant from the get go? I've heard some out of state dealers saying they can't sell into California due to emissions reasons, but I never actually believed that to be the case.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Seriously I know most markets are efficient but it almost seems like an arbitrage opportunity with the way used pricing is insane... it will fall back to where it was eventually but right now used V8 Chargers are insanely overvalued compared to 7 months ago when I bought one.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I think the flood gates opened. The other day when I was at the dealership the lot was chalk full of Chargers and Challengers.

By now, anyone who bought a used Charger, at an inflated price comparable to new car prices is probably crying in their soup. If not, it just hasn't hit them what an idiot they are.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The dealer nearest me that sells a ton of Chargers now has 57 in stock (1 SXT, 15 R/T, 34 Scats, 7 Scat Widebody). The dealer 5 minutes from my house still has two... because they never order any and don't care about selling Dodge... they sell 75 Jeeps for every Dodge they sell I'm sure and most the Dodges are Durangos.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I just bought a 2020 Scat Pack Charger got 5k off with the rebate.
Car was built first week of July
Car was on the lot 12 minutes before I bought it.
White Nuckle with Carbon Fiber Stripes and all the right options

·
Registered
400 Posts
Car has all the right options including heated and cooled seats
Loving the sound and performance of this car
Thought I wanted a challenger till I drove the Charger
Was lucky as the car was only on the lot for 12 minutes
Car was built in July
Impressed with the build quality of car

121 - 140 of 170 Posts