Charger Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Having two friends in the car business, you're going to pay dearly for a 2020. Remember, they just started building cars a month or so ago. Thought of a new 2019; unless you must have the wide body?
I think there is slim pickings and the 2019s new are pretty much gone. Challengers are more available.

I wouldn't be surprised Pricing goes up another $1k for 2021. I noticed several of the option packages increased by hundreds from 2019 to 2020.

I'd take the deal and do an order if you're ready to buy. Or get a used one with warranty if you want a base scat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think the prices on used scat packs is still enough of the high side (low to mid $30s) that buying new for the same money just makes more sense.

A non-widebody scatpack with the plus package And a few other options (nothing major like dynamics or the tech package) 4% below invoice + the $4,850 rebate + the $1k PenFed credit union coupon and possible Costco discount brings the car to about $33k before TTL, and well under $40k our the door. Add in the wide body package and it’s still just over $45k out the door.

The only thing is being able to lock in the rebate at the time of ordering. Seems like some people have had luck with doing this, but the fine print on the Dodge website for the Power Dollars states that delivery must be taken before 6/30, so not sure how that works. I agree with the prior comments that Dodge is likely to extend this, but I’m not sure it’ll get extended through end of August which is when a new build ordered today would likely get delivered.

·
Registered
2020 Charger SXT Plus AWD - Frostbite/Black
22 Posts
I wouldn't order one now that you would take delivery of late in August. The Power Dollars might go up to $4,851 as of September 1st and then you won't be able to enjoy the car because you'll always have that nagging feeling that you overpaid every time you drive it...

·
Registered
23 Posts

Rebates listed in REAL DEAL. Price includes: $250 - National 2020 Non-Prime Retail Bonus Cash 20CL1V. Exp. 06/30/2020 $4850 - 2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1. Exp. 06/30/2020

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
View attachment 294133
Rebates listed in REAL DEAL. Price includes: $250 - National 2020 Non-Prime Retail Bonus Cash 20CL1V. Exp. 06/30/2020 $4850 - 2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1. Exp. 06/30/2020
A lot of rebates, probably a lot of which you wouldn't qualify for. What dealer? Sounds like Koons or one of those VA/MD dealers, they all seem to do this.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I believe Chapman does that nonsense too. You'll see the car online for a price that seems way too good to be true, then realize there are about 8 rebate offers that hardly anyone will qualify for. Just list the damn price your asking.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A lot of rebates, probably a lot of which you wouldn't qualify for. What dealer? Sounds like Koons or one of those VA/MD dealers, they all seem to do this.

No - it’s not a bait and switch. That’s the price. This region, unlike anywhere in the U.S. , can allow multiple rebates whereas elsewhere in US you cannot qualify for multiple. Rebates, holdbacks, incentives are all market/region based through manufacturer. I purchased my 2019 Charger Scat at this place In Feb new with this much off MSRP.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
No - it’s not a bait and switch. That’s the price. This region, unlike anywhere in the U.S. , can allow multiple rebates whereas elsewhere in US you cannot qualify for multiple. Rebates, holdbacks, incentives are all market/region based through manufacturer. I purchased my 2019 Charger Scat at this place In Feb new with this much off MSRP.
Right, and then they add stuff back in for your adjusted out the door price.

Like transportation charges in the $1500 range when the destination charge is already included in the MSRP, and a processing fee in the $800 range plus the added back in rebates you don't qualify for.

So you didn't mention your dealer but I assume they are the same as the ones I've talked to and when all was said and done, my local dealer got me the same price out the door.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I believe Chapman does that nonsense too. You'll see the car online for a price that seems way too good to be true, then realize there are about 8 rebate offers that hardly anyone will qualify for. Just list the damn price your asking.
Chapman definitely does this - they had a car listed for about $3k less than other dealers and when I called to inquire about it they mentioned that that was the price, BUT they need to charge an additional $2,995 for window tint, gps and car alarm. This particular car was still in transit so clearly none of that was installed yet and I asked whether they could just not install those things and honor the advertised price - and of course their answer was no since this was mandatory on all their cars. What a crock of BS. Never will consider buying from them going forward.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Chapman definitely does this - they had a car listed for about $3k less than other dealers and when I called to inquire about it they mentioned that that was the price, BUT they need to charge an additional $2,995 for window tint, gps and car alarm. This particular car was still in transit so clearly none of that was installed yet and I asked whether they could just not install those things and honor the advertised price - and of course their answer was no since this was mandatory on all their cars. What a crock of BS. Never will consider buying from them going forward.
I'll never buy from them, or anyone who does that. A simple online search shows Chapman has multiple 392s and Hellcats for ridiculously low prices, then when you read the description it has all the rebates one must qualify for to receive that price, plus additional fees. The price they're listing is a B.S. price. The listed price should be asking price.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I bought a scat pack about 5 weeks ago, I got about $5100 off msrp, most of that being the $4850 rebate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Right, and then they add stuff back in for your adjusted out the door price.

Like transportation charges in the $1500 range when the destination charge is already included in the MSRP, and a processing fee in the $800 range plus the added back in rebates you don't qualify for.

So you didn't mention your dealer but I assume they are the same as the ones I've talked to and when all was said and done, my local dealer got me the same price out the door.

The dealership is Chrysler of Culpeper in Va. I have 10 plus dealerships in a 50 mile radius. They are not always the best deal. Bought a new Cherokee in 2019 and Warrenton was the best price. I have Found that the volume dealers have the best deals; they get volume incentives from manufacturer; volume sales business model usually gives lower prices and better quarterly incentives based on volume. Larger dealerships have a higher burdened rate based on overhead and it cost money to keep a vehicle on the lot; 45 days and the interest starts unless you own the vehicles. My local dealers with 10 miles - I have never purchased a vehicle new in 18 years. Small town and they try to get msrp on every sale - getting a deal is a battle and they never will produce the actual invoice price. I still think there are good deals to be had on 2020 vehicles. Everyone needs cash flow and COVID has impacted that. The CARES Act tried to lesson that burden but much of the monies made available to businesses helps to meet payroll but does not include fee or the profit - they need to sell now more than ever to sustain and why many small business/ dealerships may close because they cannot eat the lack of cash flow to make payroll and operational costs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Just noticed the Power Dollars rebate is no longer showing on their website. I'm surprised they let it expire with so many cars still in transit, but I guess we'll see what comes next.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
The dealership is Chrysler of Culpeper in Va. I have 10 plus dealerships in a 50 mile radius. They are not always the best deal. Bought a new Cherokee in 2019 and Warrenton was the best price. I have Found that the volume dealers have the best deals; they get volume incentives from manufacturer; volume sales business model usually gives lower prices and better quarterly incentives based on volume. Larger dealerships have a higher burdened rate based on overhead and it cost money to keep a vehicle on the lot; 45 days and the interest starts unless you own the vehicles. My local dealers with 10 miles - I have never purchased a vehicle new in 18 years. Small town and they try to get msrp on every sale - getting a deal is a battle and they never will produce the actual invoice price. I still think there are good deals to be had on 2020 vehicles. Everyone needs cash flow and COVID has impacted that. The CARES Act tried to lesson that burden but much of the monies made available to businesses helps to meet payroll but does not include fee or the profit - they need to sell now more than ever to sustain and why many small business/ dealerships may close because they cannot eat the lack of cash flow to make payroll and operational costs.
I bought mine at Dulles Motorcars in Leesburg. Give them a try. I gave them one of the lowball prices and said "Can you match this?" and they said they could, but I'd have to order the car. I did and they did. I walked out with a loaded Scat with everything except Beats (which I didn't want) and sunroof (which I REALLY didn't want) about 6 weeks later for a tad under $40k. Or you can buy mine. :) I still haven't made it to Carmax to sell it yet.

Best,

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Low IQ buyers that allow themselves to be taken by dealerships is why shitty dealerships still exist.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
And, looks like the Power Dollars has been extended through 8/3, although they aren't advertising it as prominently.

At this point, I'm inclined to wait and see what happens with the 2020 leftovers as the 2021's start making their way onto dealer lots later this year. I hope that the backlog of 2020's that are still in transit results in an overabundance of supply, and deals can be had towards the end of year or early next.

·
Registered
2020 Charger SXT Plus AWD - Frostbite/Black
22 Posts
I suggest you wait until 2022 and try to find a leftover 2018. Now THAT would be a heck of a deal!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts