Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for new tires and am wondering what size I want to go a bit aider but not look ridiculous. Also, what make and model of tire. I drive this all year. I do not drive it when they put the crap on the road in the winter or while snow is on the ground. I still have the factory Tires now, but they are getting low on tread. THat has a bit to do with my Foot lol. But looking for something that will last a bit longer.

· Registered
5,726 Posts
You should have 275s all around now, so if you want to go aider really the only thing you can do is go aider in the rear with 305s or 315s.

As far as brand and model, you'll get a bunch of info if you search, but around here the top 2 you'll see mentioned are Atturo AZ800/AZ850 or the Continental DWS06.

• Haha
Reactions: HemiLonestar

· Registered
2020 Sinamon Stick Charger Scatpack
263 Posts
I have the Michelin Pilot AS4’s and they are unbelievable! On a 9.5” wheel the 305 is about as wide as I would go. Keep us updated on what you go with.

· Registered
56 Posts
I am in the same position, but I am in TN so very little snow but the roads still get cold. Right now I am looking at and comparing the following:
  • Continental Extreme Contact Sport ($435 each)
  • Nitto NT555 G2 ($341 each)
  • Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 ($318 each)
It seems like the Continental's are best, but the Firestones have a lot of great reviews too and would be $468 cheap for a full set. But prices might be cheaper, I have just been looking at Tire Discount.

· Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
1,130 Posts
I am in the same position, but I am in TN so very little snow but the roads still get cold. Right now I am looking at and comparing the following:
  • Continental Extreme Contact Sport ($435 each)
  • Nitto NT555 G2 ($341 each)
  • Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 ($318 each)
It seems like the Continental's are best, but the Firestones have a lot of great reviews too and would be $468 cheap for a full set. But prices might be cheaper, I have just been looking at Tire Discount.
I have the firehawks on the front and I won’t get them again. They’re alright but when it comes to the roads being wet they’re not that good in my opinion they pull hard. The water definitely grabs those. I have NITTO radials on the back not the G2s but the nt555rII’s and I love those honestly. I want to get the G2s to go on the front to go along with the nittos on the back to see if they’re better than the firehawks but I wouldn’t get the firehawks again honestly.

· Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,274 Posts
I don't think there is a better tire for the Charger for all season use than the Continental DWS06 plus. I have them on my Audi S4 , the older model just DWS06 and they are wonderful there. This led me to check them out for my 2020 Scat pack and I found they are excellent tires with a 50k mile warranty minus you doing burnouts on them. You also have to rotate them every 5k miles.
Size , I stuck with the factory 275/40ZR20 size as I enjoy a square setup. I don't need 305's on the street to have my already terrible fuel economy worse. I'm sure it's a small amount but prices suck and I don't stretch race where I need all that tire. But the 305 size is a better suited size tire for the rear and will help more with hooking on the street. I know many wide body guys who have that size and still spin easy so do they really help? Not sure fully honeslty and you can't rotate so life of you tires will suffer.

· Registered
5,726 Posts
I don't think there is a better tire for the Charger for all season use than the Continental DWS06 plus. I have them on my Audi S4 , the older model just DWS06 and they are wonderful there. This led me to check them out for my 2020 Scat pack and I found they are excellent tires with a 50k mile warranty minus you doing burnouts on them. You also have to rotate them every 5k miles.
Size , I stuck with the factory 275/40ZR20 size as I enjoy a square setup. I don't need 305's on the street to have my already terrible fuel economy worse. I'm sure it's a small amount but prices suck and I don't stretch race where I need all that tire. But the 305 size is a better suited size tire for the rear and will help more with hooking on the street. I know many wide body guys who have that size and still spin easy so do they really help? Not sure fully honeslty and you can't rotate so life of you tires will suffer.
I can't speak for 305s, but 315s there's a big difference between them and 275s. The 245s are a complete joke in the rear, the 275s are an improvement, the 315s even better. That said you can still break them free if you want to.

· Registered
5,726 Posts
Reactions: jwhitney21

· Registered
56 Posts
I just ended up ordering Atturo AZ850 in 315s. Just can't beat the price and they are on sale right now at $165.98 per tire. I ordered 4 of them for a total of $698.14 from SimpleTire and having them shipped right to my tire shop for install. If you use the Rakuten chrome extension they do 3.75% cash back as well. I had the AZ850s in 275s on my 2019 and was really happy with them.

Side note: Simple Tire does have a referral system that says people will get up to 30% off on their first order and I would get a $10 gift card. So if you are interested you can DM me your Name and Email and I will send it over. I'm not affiliated with them or anything, just trying to hook people up if they are interested.

· Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,274 Posts
I can't speak for 305s, but 315s there's a big difference between them and 275s. The 245s are a complete joke in the rear, the 275s are an improvement, the 315s even better. That said you can still break them free if you want to.
Gotcha, never tried a tire of that size . However on my DWS06 plus in a 275 tire size, I can pull low 4's 0-60 all day long. I learned how to manage the throttle at the dragstrip on Drag Radials so I apply the same technic on the street with a slower drop to the floor and I can pretty much leave a light with little to no spinning if I so choose.

I think the torque of these cars is just to much to early and to heavy of a car to try and find a street tire that actually can hook. Even my Drag Radials at the track on a prepped surface , I can spin them at will if I don't manage the throttle out of the hole. I have pulled 3.6 0-60 times at the track on them.

I don't try such a large tire on the back because you can't rotate them, or I would.

· Registered
2017 Scat Pack. Procharged 426. 850ish on pump 93
3,671 Posts
I just ended up ordering Atturo AZ850 in 315s. Just can't beat the price and they are on sale right now at $165.98 per tire. I ordered 4 of them for a total of $698.14 from SimpleTire and having them shipped right to my tire shop for install. If you use the Rakuten chrome extension they do 3.75% cash back as well. I had the AZ850s in 275s on my 2019 and was really happy with them.

Side note: Simple Tire does have a referral system that says people will get up to 30% off on their first order and I would get a $10 gift card. So if you are interested you can DM me your Name and Email and I will send it over. I'm not affiliated with them or anything, just trying to hook people up if they are interested.
Edit: nvm I see you have a wide body lol

Oh, still F Simple Tire. I wouldn't buy a valve stem cap from those crooks if they were giving them away.

· Registered
2017 Scat Pack. Procharged 426. 850ish on pump 93
3,671 Posts
Why do you say that? I thought they were really easy to work with. I even called them and the customer service rep was awesome.
I used to work for Firestone. The very first set of Atturos I got came from Simple Tire. One of the tires split across the tread within 6 months and because I mounted it myself, while working for Firestone as a tech, Simple Tire denied the warranty. I even had a letter from the store I worked at explaining that mounting and balancing tires was part of my job.

F Simple Tire.

BBwheels online is my go to. They've come through for me on more than tires and never even fussed. They tracked down a discontinued wheel for me and shipped it to me next day so my car wouldn't be down any longer than it already was.

· Registered
5,726 Posts
I've ordered all my (3) sets of Atturo's off of ebay from whatever retailer has them the cheapest. It's been about 18 months since I've ordered any, so seeing that they're still under $200 for the 315s is good to hear.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts