Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Think the article is what the uninformed writer was told. It is available on the SRT as well and I don't see why the same inclusion would not be on the 2020 SRT as well.

Widebody should be automatic on any Charger with more than 470hp. 245 tires are just stupid on those cars.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not seeing any of these pics Slidd. Have one of the new front Fascia up close? I am really liking the way they redesigned the front. Trying to see if there are larger intakes from last years model.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I am not seeing any of these pics Slidd. Have one of the new front Fascia up close? I am really liking the way they redesigned the front. Trying to see if there are larger intakes from last years model.
Yeah its a lot different with this extra "bumper scoop"?

Somebody said Durango has similar.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Every 2020 Charger Hellcat will be a Widebody, no more 707hp standard body car will be available.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is too bad because I like the new front but not so much the widebody on a charger. The magnum was done right by flaring the wheel wells without fake looking attachments. Can still put on 315's in the rear without the flares.

·
Super Moderator
11,467 Posts
The wide body looks better done on the Charger than the Challenger. At least it doesn't clash with the existing body lines.

Some new colors this year too...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
B5 Blue
Plum Crazy
Sublime
Maximum Steel
Destroyer Grey
are all discontinued for next year.

New 2020 colors:
Hellraisin (Black Eye)
Frostbite
Sinnamon Stick

·
Registered
909 Posts
I like it. The best thing IMO is the 305 tires all around. I wonder what the widest you'll be able to fit in the rear would be? Could you imagine squeezing 335s back there? I'm interested in seeing the prices for the Scat Pack Widebody. I've seen well optioned 2019 SP's pushing $60k. I'd imagine we'll see them over $60k which would put the car out of reach for most of the SP crowd considering you can find minimal optioned Scat's for under $35k.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL, The 2019 Hellcat starts at $68,990 after shipping. They charge $6000 for the widebody option on the Challenger. Then you add the options of leather, Nav, Radio...........The new Hellcat is going to be close to $80,000. Is it worth that much to get a solid engine and transmission? The Hellcat has the same axles and differential as the scat. The interior looks the same (to me) from the SXT up to the Hellcat.

Not making this an option, IMO, is going to drop the sales of the Charger Hellcat and possibly boost the Scat Pack.

·
Registered
909 Posts
LOL, The 2019 Hellcat starts at $68,990 after shipping. They charge $6000 for the widebody option on the Challenger. Then you add the options of leather, Nav, Radio...........The new Hellcat is going to be close to $80,000. Is it worth that much to get a solid engine and transmission? The Hellcat has the same axles and differential as the scat. The interior looks the same (to me) from the SXT up to the Hellcat.

Not making this an option, IMO, is going to drop the sales of the Charger Hellcat and possibly boost the Scat Pack.

You think?

After my post last night, I went browsing around. The highest priced SP I saw was $54k. I remember a few months ago I saw one for $56k.

Guaranteed you'll see fully loaded Scat Pack's over $60k, especially in the first 6 months they're released.

There will be a roughly $25k price spread between a base SP and one fully loaded. That seems like too much.

The Scat Pack will obviously always outsell the Hellcat by a huge margin. I don't really know if a somebody will really help boost its sales. I'd be on the flip side and say that it may help Hellcat sales. Someone who can afford a $65k car is probably more able to afford a car pushing $80k than someone who can afford a $35k car and trying to buy one for $55k-$60k.

You rarely see high mileage Hellcat's, whereas you see Scat Pack's being used as daily drivers. The HC will be a novelty for someone, most likely.

Personally, while I like the look of the somebody, if I can afford a $65k car, I'll be going for a "standard" Hellcat over a widebody Scat. Just my opinion, but I'd think most would go for power over styling.

Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the car and think it should be an option across the board for the V8 Chargers, I just don't know if the massive price that's going to be asked for a Scat Pack widebody is going to warrant a lot of extra sales. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Sorry, I don't know how to edit on this new setup. Somebody = Widebody in my previous post.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I pass. The front looks good but the wide body would have to grow on me. Its hard enough crawling out the window to use the drive through ATM. I would destroy the fender flares at a drive through.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You think?

After my post last night, I went browsing around. The highest priced SP I saw was $54k. I remember a few months ago I saw one for $56k.

Guaranteed you'll see fully loaded Scat Pack's over $60k, especially in the first 6 months they're released.

There will be a roughly $25k price spread between a base SP and one fully loaded. That seems like too much.

The Scat Pack will obviously always outsell the Hellcat by a huge margin. I don't really know if a somebody will really help boost its sales. I'd be on the flip side and say that it may help Hellcat sales. Someone who can afford a $65k car is probably more able to afford a car pushing $80k than someone who can afford a $35k car and trying to buy one for $55k-$60k.

You rarely see high mileage Hellcat's, whereas you see Scat Pack's being used as daily drivers. The HC will be a novelty for someone, most likely.

Personally, while I like the look of the somebody, if I can afford a $65k car, I'll be going for a "standard" Hellcat over a widebody Scat. Just my opinion, but I'd think most would go for power over styling.

Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the car and think it should be an option across the board for the V8 Chargers, I just don't know if the massive price that's going to be asked for a Scat Pack widebody is going to warrant a lot of extra sales. I could be wrong.
When you consider that the widebody gives you 11 inch forged wheels with larger tires, adaptive suspension and the 6 pot brakes it is a tremendous value. But when you approach the $80,000 figure, even people who can plop down $65,000 for a car will start to look at what $80,000 can buy in the performance market. It is still a basic charger with go fast goodies.

Personally given the fact that you can not put down all that power in the street, I would opt for a Z06, a good used RS7 or possibly very low mileage S7.

When you look at the funny vids on YouTube of people trying to show their 0-60 times, even the Hellcat owners are hard pressed to get sub 4 second times. Scat pack owners are just a few tenths behind. The Z06 has the grip to get good times with the larger tires. Audi and Mercedes give you AWD that will put down great numbers. The new BMW M5 AWD can do sub 3 second 0-60 and those can be found for around $80,000 used now.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Personally, while I like the look of the Widebody, if I can afford a $65k car, I'll be going for a "standard" Hellcat over a widebody Scat.
Won't be a standard body Hellcat next year, they will be Widebody only.

And where does this leave the 426?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts