Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

We just bought a 2020 Charger scat pack about a month ago. First charger ever and we're loving it so far! Unfortunately, a few days ago my wife drove the car in to a water covered road, and it appears to have sheared one of the bolts attaching a rear underbody cover and bending it bad enough where it drags on the ground.

Upon getting underneath, the bolt literally sheared off, half is still in the underbody cover and the other half is in the frame.

I was just going to remove it and then take it to the dealership to get it replaced, but there are push pins holding it on from inside the wheel well.

Will I damage anything by removing these push-pins? Do you guys have any other recommendations on how to fix this?

Also, can anyone tell me what this part is called? I've tried googling and I can't find anything that looks like the same part. This one is on the rear, passenger's side.

Thanks!
-Hat

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Even with the photos I'm having a difficult time thinking of what plastic shield you are mentioning.

I would remove it and look for a part number on the shield. Getting under the car to remove it is easier said than done.

·
Registered
675 Posts
All,

We just bought a 2020 Charger scat pack about a month ago. First charger ever and we're loving it so far! Unfortunately, a few days ago my wife drove the car in to a water covered road, and it appears to have sheared one of the bolts attaching a rear underbody cover and bending it bad enough where it drags on the ground.

View attachment 292412

Upon getting underneath, the bolt literally sheared off, half is still in the underbody cover and the other half is in the frame.
View attachment 292413

I was just going to remove it and then take it to the dealership to get it replaced, but there are push pins holding it on from inside the wheel well.
View attachment 292414

Will I damage anything by removing these push-pins? Do you guys have any other recommendations on how to fix this?

Also, can anyone tell me what this part is called? I've tried googling and I can't find anything that looks like the same part. This one is on the rear, passenger's side.

Thanks!
-Hat
When I remove a push pin, I take a razor blade and shave 1/2 away on each side of the ridged
stem. It makes it easier to put back and easier to remove in the future. Saves having to buy them.
The dealer and NAPA sell bags of them.

No one pays you even a dollar for keeping a car bone stock....it's not a collectable.
A solution is to get a self tapping screw and a washer from Home Depot and put the screw in
about an inch away from the original bolt. Use a hot blow dryer to soften and re-bend the plastic into
original shape.............or go spend a lot of money if you are not car oriented.

I silicone seal any holes where water might enter the car or the frame.
No big deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts