Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've had my 2019 since February 1st and man what an upgrade from my trusty 2006 R/T. So glad I finally found one without a sunroof and was excited to get the 2019 model since they all have Super Track Pak and I love the seats (I had R&T package on my R/T).

One of my first safety mods was picking up a set of the old 2011 Challenger Rallye Wheels. Some sellers still have new old stock they arrived in Mopar boxes packaged with Chrysler center caps! Michelin XIce Xi3 is the tire (I had them on for 6 seasons in my 2006 very durable and sure footed in cold/wet/snow/ice). I didn't start out looking for these but was hoping for some newer take offs but these were a great price for brand new.

I haven't seen many pics of 18s on newer Chargers so here is what it looks like. I was going to order Mopar center caps but the Chrysler doesn't look too off!

I love using OEM wheels for the winter set and I'm surprised how much I like the Mopar Rallye wheels. I used two sets of black wheels on my 2006 so nice change of pace:

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
Those look very nice ! I have a set of 18" for winter use too (Michelin 235x55x18), but I did not put them on this year, as winter never amounted to much here-- only had an inch of snow twice, and both times it melted the same day. We only had two cold days too, so I left my 245x45x20's Goodyear Eagle RSA-2's on it. The winter of 2018-19 was a different story - it was very cold for a long time and the RSA-2 tires were very "slippery" when it got too cold,

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those look very nice ! I have a set of 18" for winter use too (Michelin 235x55x18), but I did not put them on this year, as winter never amounted to much here-- only had an inch of snow twice, and both times it melted the same day. We only had two cold days too, so I left my 245x45x20's Goodyear Eagle RSA-2's on it. The winter of 2018-19 was a different story - it was very cold for a long time and the RSA-2 tires were very "slippery" when it got too cold,
Nice looking cars! With no grass you look like you're in a desert surprised you have snow tires unless it's mountains.

I like to use 225/60/18 since that's closer to the stock diameter plus you have to get the old Latitude Xi2 in that size since they don't sell the Xi3 in that one. My 2006 was an R/T R&T so came stock with 235/55/18.

We had a bit of snow a couple weeks ago and the RSA-2s were sliding all over the place. It's just great to have the winter tires on for a daily driver and you can take on winter no problem.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, X-Ice are kings!
They're great I bought a set in January 2014 and used them only for winter and sold my 2006 with those tires on the car. They would have lasted 6 winters, hard to find any winter tire with an actual treadwear warranty and these have 40k miles. Sure they weren't a good as the first 4-5 years but still very good with enough tread.

It was a no brainer when considering a new set for the new car.

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
" Nice looking cars! With no grass you look like you're in a desert surprised you have snow tires unless it's mountains"

Albuquerque NM: our elevation is higher than Denver. Sandia Peak on the east side of town is just short of 11,000 ft high

·
Registered
152 Posts
You've been reading my mind! I have a set of these 2010 Challenger Rallye rims sitting in my garage gathering dust. I sold my Challenger but kept the rims. NOW, I'm wondering if these rims will fit my AWD Charger Pursuit. Anybody know? I know they will physically bolt up, but it's the offset that could be the problem.

Greg

·
Registered
152 Posts
What did your 18" wheels come off of? I assume they are from an AWD car?

Greg

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You've been reading my mind! I have a set of these 2010 Challenger Rallye rims sitting in my garage gathering dust. I sold my Challenger but kept the rims. NOW, I'm wondering if these rims will fit my AWD Charger Pursuit. Anybody know? I know they will physically bolt up, but it's the offset that could be the problem.

Greg
You'd have to go with the AWD police steelies I think they look great they are the ones with a ton of holes in them, that's the only 18 inch for AWD unless you go back to the 2006-2007 Charger Magnum which had an 18x7.5 with 55 offset AWD wheel.

I bet you can find some of the take off 19x7.5 wheels if you look those have 55 offset too for AWD.

My advice is go to hupcap haven and look at Charger wheels to get the specs and model numbers. Maybe you can find a set on ebay or Craigslist. Some of those mopar wheels are still available new in box from 8-10 years ago at good prices.

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
What did your 18" wheels come off of? I assume they are from an AWD car?

Greg
They came off a 2017 Challenger SXT RWD (18 x 7.5 x 24mm offset with 235x55x18 Michelins). A buddy at Pep Boys called and said he had a kid down there buying ugly 22"s and would sell the factory takeoffs for $50 each..they had about 100 miles on them IIRC (I've had them for a few years now).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts