Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nahhh

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought some dynomax 24250’s for my car and i was going to get them installed but my car people said that it would decrease HP and it would be bad for my car and it would be better to get a tune on the car to get them installed. I wanted to make my car sound more aggressive but i dont want to risk any HP. I was wondering if this is true. Can yall help me?

·
Registered
980 Posts
I recently bought some dynomax 24250’s for my car and i was going to get them installed but my car people said that it would decrease HP and it would be bad for my car and it would be better to get a tune on the car to get them installed. I wanted to make my car sound more aggressive but i dont want to risk any HP. I was wondering if this is true. Can yall help me?
You need to find different "car people".

You have straight through mufflers stock, the Dynomax are straight through. The only difference you will have is sound.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Lazy morons, they are completely wrong, they just don't want to do the work because they will have to fabricate some pipes due to the short length of the race bullets.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to find different "car people".

You have straight through mufflers stock, the Dynomax are straight through. The only difference you will have is sound.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
So i should be ok? Meaning i wont decrease performance?

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Stick them on and find out.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Take it to a muffler shop and have them weld them on. Simple and should not cost that much. Make sure you do not delete the resonators or you will get terrible drone inside the car. Several folks have deleted the resonators only to come back and ask how to get rid of the drone.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
It's not likely to decrease HP, but if it changes your exhaust gas velocity (like a mid-muffler delete can) it may shift your powerband slightly. You might give up a few HP at the bottom end and pick it up at the top end. I think that's what folks who've complained about a loss of power are feeling, and they likely haven't put it on a dyno to see that it's not really a power loss. But that's why I decided against a mid-muffler delete, these cars are just too heavy to be giving up any low-end grunt.

So it's your call. But whatever you decide to do, make sure the exhaust shop doesn't weld in any crappy mild steel pipes. Be a shame to have to tear apart your all-stainless exhaust down the road to replace a couple of rusted out six inch pipes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts