Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My 2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack has been making an odd noise for the past 6 months. Whenever the vehicle is cold (not up to operating temperature), the exhaust sounds like it's "farting", "resonating", and "vibrating" until about 5 minutes have passed. The noise happens when accelerating and seems to be most prominent at 2000 RPM. Should I take it to the dealer while the full warranty is still in effect, or should I have my regular garage take a look and see if anything is loose?

Changing driving modes (thus changing the active exhaust flap) does not effect the noise, so I don't believe it's related to the Active Exhaust system.

Car is an 11/19 build date, with 6500 miles. So it's still fairly new.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Could also be a loose or broken exhaust manifold stud. Since it's under warranty, I would let the dealer handle it.

Don

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Living in MN, My 2015s done this since new. It happens like you described. After a minute or two its gone. Never happens when its warmer. I believe its just the active exhaust rattling a bit until the metal expands. I just chalked it up to a quirk in cold weather. Never had any issues in 6 year with leaving it alone and letting it do it's thing. On mine I believe its the passenger side active exhaust valve.

But if it bugs you Id take it in if the exhaust is still under warranty. They might cut out and replace the valves.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input everyone. I'll probably bring it to the dealership once the weather is nicer.

Reactions: watersupply189
1 - 5 of 5 Posts