Charger Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I guess not, the only thing that would make this right is the dealership fixing my baby.
Hi greyboat345, I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble resolving this concern. Please follow up with me via DM at your earliest convenience with your case number or VIN, so we can have this looked into further for you.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am assuming you have the 5.7 as your handle has a 345 in it. I also have a 5.7 as well. I know others with the 5.7's that told me its pretty common blowing out the rear on the diff that 3.07. They are common on the 5.7 r/t plus. I have the smaller of the ratio's 2.62. But all these people that I know and that have heard basically drive exactly how you said you drive yours. They dont track them. But have been known to laydown some rubber or jump on it every now and then. Please keep us update on your outcome. One guy I knew had to come out of pocket on his 17 charger. Cost him 3K as the dealer wouldn't cover it. But he did end upgrading to the hellcat gears 3.09. As he found out that the 3.07 are crap.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I am assuming you have the 5.7 as your handle has a 345 in it. I also have a 5.7 as well. I know others with the 5.7's that told me its pretty common blowing out the rear on the diff that 3.07. They are common on the 5.7 r/t plus. I have the smaller of the ratio's 2.62. But all these people that I know and that have heard basically drive exactly how you said you drive yours. They dont track them. But have been known to laydown some rubber or jump on it every now and then. Please keep us update on your outcome. One guy I knew had to come out of pocket on his 17 charger. Cost him 3K as the dealer wouldn't cover it. But he did end upgrading to the hellcat gears 3.09. As he found out that the 3.07 are crap.
I thought all the R/T 5.7s came with the 2.62 and that the 3.07 was not available from the factory.

GTO_04

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
@GTO:

There are/were a few options that included the shorter 3.06 (or 3.07/3.09) gear set. The AWD option for the '11-'14 R/T has it, and I seem to recall a Track Pack or similar option for RWD R/T's that included it. Might be one or two others I can't recall just now..

Don

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The dealer gave me the quote for parts and labor and as of right now it stands at $4,000 it just aggravates me that I am a loyal customer of dodge and have been for a long time, my first car was a dodge. But now they wanna sit there and advertise their cars doing all these crazy burnouts and things in commercials but as soon as something breaks they refuse to stand behind their product and fix it. I will probably not be buying another FCA vehicle since they treated me so poorly and deny me a federal right. I’m going to see if insurance will cover the cost of the repairs, hopefully they will otherwise I will be out of a car until I can come up with $4,000.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
GB:
If I were in your shoes, I would continue to climb the proverbial corporate ladder until they can provide you specific data as to what "abuse" they have evidence of. These videos you speak of indeed show their product being driven quite aggressively. Where are the disclaimers telling potential buyers that " you can't do this yourself, or the resulting damage won't be covered by our warranty?" Simply finding some rubber in a wheel well does not an abuse case make!
This reminds me of the time years back when we had an outer CV joint on the wife's then '05 Grand Caravan fail while trying to get turned around with some snow on our driveway. I had it towed to the local dealer, and when they assessed it, declined the $400 repair under warranty saying it was "abuse."
At the time, I was recovering from a broken ankle, and it was winter so I could not do it myself, so we paid for it.
To this day, that pisses me off................

Don

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
GB:
If I were in your shoes, I would continue to climb the proverbial corporate ladder until they can provide you specific data as to what "abuse" they have evidence of. These videos you speak of indeed show their product being driven quite aggressively. Where are the disclaimers telling potential buyers that " you can't do this yourself, or the resulting damage won't be covered by our warranty?" Simply finding some rubber in a wheel well does not an abuse case make!
This reminds me of the time years back when we had an outer CV joint on the wife's then '05 Grand Caravan fail while trying to get turned around with some snow on our driveway. I had it towed to the local dealer, and when they assessed it, declined the $400 repair under warranty saying it was "abuse."
At the time, I was recovering from a broken ankle, and it was winter so I could not do it myself, so we paid for it.
To this day, that pisses me off................

Don
I am in a very tricky spot right now due to the fact that I am in the military and I am getting deployed to the Middle East soon and I need this taken care of as soon as possible. I have gone up the corporate chain and no one can seem to give me an answer, I am supposed to have a case manager contact me within 24-48 hours or 1-2 business days, I talked to Chrysler Friday and I still have not heard anything from this case manager, I have been treated poorly as a customer, from the second I walked into the dealership I they were just rude and refused to help me at all, now I am being given the run around and I am weeks away from being deployed I am stressed enough as it is with that I don’t want to deal with this as well. The company makes billions and billions of dollars one tiny repair that costs $4,000 is nothing to them that is chump change for them and the service director “tried” to help me but he did absolutely nothing for me. I have never known anyone that has had this bad of a treatment with a company nor have I ever been treated this poorly. I love dodge but after this experience I will never buy another FCA product again. They obviously have cheap parts in their vehicle for it to break this easy and this early, their cars do crazy burnouts and doughnuts in all their advertisements but if they even suspect that you did a burnout with no evidence they will void your entire warranty and refuse to help you and treat you like garbage. I have learned my lesson the hard way.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
@GTO:

There are/were a few options that included the shorter 3.06 (or 3.07/3.09) gear set. The AWD option for the '11-'14 R/T has it, and I seem to recall a Track Pack or similar option for RWD R/T's that included it. Might be one or two others I can't recall just now..

Don
You are right about the availability of the 3.06/3.07 axle ratios. However, after 2016 I don't believe they offered that option with the 5.7 any more. That is too bad because it's a great combination!

GTO_04

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
GB:
That is indeed a less than pleasant position to be in given all that is going on in the world let alone our country at the moment. Thank you for your service!

You have bigger and more important issues to tend to than this car. One way or another, the car will get fixed. Thankfully, I have never been in such a predicament, and am running out of thoughts on how to proceed. I would think that before they would refuse to help, that more inspection above and beyond a dealer's service department would occur.

Don

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Rig
GB:
That is indeed a less than pleasant position to be in given all that is going on in the world let alone our country at the moment. Thank you for your service!

You have bigger and more important issues to tend to than this car. One way or another, the car will get fixed. Thankfully, I have never been in such a predicament, and am running out of thoughts on how to proceed. I would think that before they would refuse to help, that more inspection above and beyond a dealer's service department would occur.

Don
Thank you Don I appreciate it, yes I have a lot more important issues to worry about at the moment so the last resort if I can’t get this issue fixed right now then I will have to get it towed to a storage facility and leave it there to deal with this whole mess until after I come back. Thanks for all your help and thoughts. I will keep this thread updated with what happens to my car if I am able to resolve this issue with dodge or if I have to stick it in a storage space for 8 months and deal with it when I get back.
Sebastian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Purchase my 2020 Scat pack wide body a few weeks ago, dealer told me several times, NO warranty on rear end. The factory warranty states, rear is covered unless you are at a racing event etc. Dealers are only looking out for them selves.... Purchase several new cars in the past, only time I go back to dealership is for warranty issues. Good luck in getting your car back running. Really sad a new car breaks and they blame you.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Purchase my 2020 Scat pack wide body a few weeks ago, dealer told me several times, NO warranty on rear end. The factory warranty states, rear is covered unless you are at a racing event etc. Dealers are only looking out for them selves.... Purchase several new cars in the past, only time I go back to dealership is for warranty issues. Good luck in getting your car back running. Really sad a new car breaks and they blame you.
It's not up to the dealership to be covered or not if it's in the factory warranty. The factory is who pays to have warranty work done.

Sounds like it's time to find a new dealership.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
817 Posts
You shouldn't have a 3.07 diff in the R/T. Either a 2.65 or a 3.06. The 3.07 have the smaller axles 200mm vs 215mm and normally come in the V6 cars with AWD.
If you have the 3.07 case closed. Slam dunk.
Add your vin to the bac of this link to see your build. http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

21 - 36 of 36 Posts