Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 392 recently and have been looking for some good secondary rims too buy to use strictly for burnouts. Already know which tires, just don't know what rims or size for rim width on 275/40zr20

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Depends. Some over 20x9 and 20x9.5

·
Registered
326 Posts
Come to think of it, if you want to do burn outs, get the 20 by 8 wheels that go on the RT. You can mount up skinnier tires that will break loose faster and also be cheaper to replace. Don't get 20 by 10 wheels to mount 315 size rubber just to Turn around and break traction On purpose

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Come to think of it, if you want to do burn outs, get the 20 by 8 wheels that go on the RT. You can mount up skinnier tires that will break loose faster and also be cheaper to replace. Don't get 20 by 10 wheels to mount 315 size rubber just to Turn around and break traction On purpose
I don't think the 8" wide wheels will fit over the Brembo calipers (on either the front or rear). The calipers are pretty wide and I've never seen the four piston ones with anything less than a 9" wide wheel, and the six piston ones with less than a 9.5" wide wheels.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You may have a point krautmaster. But I seem to recall a decent gap between the brembo rear caliper and the backside of the wheel face last time I cleaned the wheels.
The OP probably wants 9inch wheels anyway

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
You may have a point krautmaster. But I seem to recall a decent gap between the brembo rear caliper and the backside of the wheel face last time I cleaned the wheels.
The OP probably wants 9inch wheels anyway
Here are a couple pics of the four piston Brembos with the 20x9" wide WRT wheels..doesn't look like a whole lot of extra room !!

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Pics will never tell if a 20x8 wheel would fit over the rear Brembos. A test fitment would though.

I dunno looks kinda roomy back there

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Nice!!!!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
What kind of camera do you have?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts