Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
My name is Jose and I wanted to share my story and see if I can get some help from anyone out there that may know more about the problem
I’m experiencing or general info on how to move forward.

So I got into an accident on June 14 and I’m currently getting my car fixed through a body shop, by my lawyer’s advice.The impact itself wasn’t ridiculously hard but it was enough to make me go to the chiropractor, get a lawyer, etc.

I received the appraisal report from the body shop and some pics of the car pre-repairs. I’ll attach those once I figure out how to do it. The report shows that it has frame damage to the front (doesn’t specify or I don’t know what to look for) but the pictures show more detail. Looks like it’s damaged in 2 places. It’s a fairly new car, just got it in December. Purchased new from dealership and I loved every single minute of driving it!

My issue with this is that my lawyer is telling me that since the damage could be and was acruelly fixed, that he can’t request to total or salvage the car, which is where my mindset is at the time. I told him it is no longer structurally sound and even more important, once I go to trade it in and I have to fill out ppwrk at the dealership, I’m not gonna be able to get away with “it was involved in an accident but it’s fixed now” bullshit that he advised me to say.

I can’t lie about frame damage since it is the actual frame.

What are my options, folks?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
There really isnt enough damage there to worry about, Nothing that would make it structurally unsound. And decent body shop cand srtraighten that up enough to rebolt the bumper on

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Did you rear end someone?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
:/ sucks man. Hopefully insurance takes care of everything. But like someone else said. That isn’t terrible damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 2nd and more important reason, I will have my family in the car with me sometimes. I consider it a safety hazard and I don’t feel comfortable when it has “frame damage repair”

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
The only option based on your uneasiness having family ride in it is immediately sell or trade the car when it gets out of the body shop.

Maybe the accident will be on the carfax report and then maybe it won't. In any case, the depreciation driving off the car lot is big enough.

Reactions: toplscuda

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,122 Posts
Your attorney needs to make a "diminished value" claim. This will get you your resale loss back. There is an internet place in CA that does this exclusively for about $500 per report.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Thats minor damage and of no impact to safety of the car. I take it air bags did not deploy.

Odd you call it a side swipe as thats side of car, not front end damage.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
My wife got "side swipped" by a pickup while driving our Chrysler 200 a few years ago..nearly took the front bumper off:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
If you are at a real body shop that follows factory repair procedures then your car will be fixed right and your structural integrity concerns are unfounded.

If you are at some body shop recommended by an insurance company then who knows.

And how do you get side swiped on the front end?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
My wife got "side swipped" by a pickup while driving our Chrysler 200 a few years ago..nearly took the front bumper off:
Ah, sideswipe and the definition of a side swipe are different. Cool.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That looks to be NAAA acceptable... however without seeing the other rail to compare the bump pn the inner side could be considered bent/kinked. Although there are no pics of under the car to check the rail.

Any car can be repaired, but in repair its either gonna be acceptable or substandard, which substandard will show up as structural/frame dmg even if repaired.

Any large bends or sharp kinks in the front rails or aprons will be considered structural. Some auctions recognize structural repair, bit it would still be flagged.

If the front reinforcement is bent, then it usually pulls the rails in to a degree.

This is what i do as an inspector on my daily job.

·
Registered
458 Posts
If you don’t trust the car fix it and trade it in
If there is a police report the accident will show up on a carfax

1 - 15 of 15 Posts