Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the forum. I currently own a 2019 Dodge Charger RT+ 5.7L. My current modifications (installed/to be installed in the next month) include BC coilovers, mid muffler delete, Corsa intake, Corsa 1.75" longtube headers and diablosport trinity t2 with custom hemifever tune. I do not know what kind of power and/or quarter mile times I should be expecting from this and any insight to that would be helpful and appreciated.
As for the future, my main goal does not revolve around power numbers, but more times (I'd like to be low 12's) and the ability to beat coyote mustangs. My plan for future modifications include a Jay Greene 1.5 THUMP cam with hellcat springs and 3000 stall torque converter. I also realize I will need some wider tire for the streets but that isn't part of the consideration right now. My main questions are is if this will be enough to reach my current goal, what kind of power numbers I should expect, and what kind of quarter mile times should I expect. There is a lot of information out there for this sort of set up on a 6.4 but not a ton for the 5.7, especially in this gen charger. I appreciate the help and input in advance.

Joe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Side Note: I'd like to stay NA and not use forced induction/NO2... and I'd also like to keep the car streetable.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Stay with your current goals, swap to a 3.09 limited slip from a Scat, get some 17" wheels and a set of Mickey's for the rear and the biggest thing.... dump some serious weight. Seats, trim, crap in the trunk.

Your goal is attainable, just not gonna be as easy with the 5.7 without nitrous or forced induction.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
To simply answer your question, with those planned mods, no, you will not be running low 12's.

As for beating a 5.0 Mustang, that's pretty vague as they've improved their 1/4 times drastically since 2011. A new 5.0 with the 10 speed will blow the doors off a 392.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To simply answer your question, with those planned mods, no, you will not be running low 12's.

As for beating a 5.0 Mustang, that's pretty vague as they've improved their 1/4 times drastically since 2011. A new 5.0 with the 10 speed will blow the doors off a 392.
I mean there are people running high 12's with less mods than I already have. It seemed realistic but maybe I'm dreaming.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Quarter times for a stock 5.7 list anywhere in the mid 13's, lowest I saw listed was 13.3 and highest mentioned was 13.8. With basically nothing other than longtube headers and a tune you will not be getting anywhere close to low 12s. Stickier tires are your beat bang for your buck, but I would be willing to bet you're not getting into the 12s yet. 392s have roughly 100hp are run mid 12s on average. Not saying it isnt possible as I do believe a Scat broke 11s with nothing more than bolt ons and tires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quarter times for a stock 5.7 list anywhere in the mid 13's, lowest I saw listed was 13.3 and highest mentioned was 13.8. With basically nothing other than longtube headers and a tune you will not be getting anywhere close to low 12s. Stickier tires are your beat bang for your buck, but I would be willing to bet you're not getting into the 12s yet. 392s have roughly 100hp are run mid 12s on average. Not saying it isnt possible as I do believe a Scat broke 11s with nothing more than bolt ons and tires.
As far as wheels—do you have a 17” drag set up you’d recommend? I’m trying to find some stuff on here for wheels specs for a drag pack.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
No, I do not. P69 can probably help you there.

What are you running now? The 245s or 275s? A sticky set of 275s will help you on the street, but if you're looking for the strip someone with more knowledge than me can help you out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate all the input man. I’d like a setup I could use on the street and strip to be honest. Currently have 245’s. Was thinking about getting some m/t street ss

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hello, I am new to the forum. I currently own a 2019 Dodge Charger RT+ 5.7L. My current modifications (installed/to be installed in the next month) include BC coilovers, mid muffler delete, Corsa intake, Corsa 1.75" longtube headers and diablosport trinity t2 with custom hemifever tune. I do not know what kind of power and/or quarter mile times I should be expecting from this and any insight to that would be helpful and appreciated.
As for the future, my main goal does not revolve around power numbers, but more times (I'd like to be low 12's) and the ability to beat coyote mustangs. My plan for future modifications include a Jay Greene 1.5 THUMP cam with hellcat springs and 3000 stall torque converter. I also realize I will need some wider tire for the streets but that isn't part of the consideration right now. My main questions are is if this will be enough to reach my current goal, what kind of power numbers I should expect, and what kind of quarter mile times should I expect. There is a lot of information out there for this sort of set up on a 6.4 but not a ton for the 5.7, especially in this gen charger. I appreciate the help and input in advance.

Joe
Is that your car in your avatar? If so I see you already swapped in the scat pack style grille! I've got a Granite 2019 R/T also, always liked the color (would have like Destroyer Grey too but couldn't find one without sun roof).

You sound like you're going to sink a bunch of money into your R/T and I'm not sure your goal is realistic (low 12s). You'd be better off starting with a Scat Pack (or debadge a Hellcat...) Either that or adjust your expectations on beating Coyote Mustangs with any sort of regularity. If your mod roadmap has you spending $5-6k already might as well trade up to a Scat and start there.

Ford and Chevy don't have any more V8 Sedans so you win by default every time out! The last car I regularly took to the track 20 years ago was a 1996 Impala SS and my 2019 R/T would run circles around it...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that your car in your avatar? If so I see you already swapped in the scat pack style grille! I've got a Granite 2019 R/T also, always liked the color (would have like Destroyer Grey too but couldn't find one without sun roof).

You sound like you're going to sink a bunch of money into your R/T and I'm not sure your goal is realistic (low 12s). You'd be better off starting with a Scat Pack (or debadge a Hellcat...) Either that or adjust your expectations on beating Coyote Mustangs with any sort of regularity. If your mod roadmap has you spending $5-6k already might as well trade up to a Scat and start there.

Ford and Chevy don't have any more V8 Sedans so you win by default every time out! The last car I regularly took to the track 20 years ago was a 1996 Impala SS and my 2019 R/T would run circles around it...
Yeah man I hear ya, but I'd rather keep the 5.7 just for the reason that everyone says what you said. I think I can get it done. I'm sure there are some here who have done what I am trying to accomplish. Not to mention way down the road when I swap to forced Induction the 5.7's handle it better from my research anyway. Either way I appreciate the input but intend to stay with my 5.7. The satisfaction from surprising people that its only an RT is what motivates me.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
You're correct about the 5.7 taking forced induction better than the 6.4 but I think outside of forced induction it is hard to get a 5.7 to perform at the level of a 6.4 and especially if you take into consideration doing similar bolt ons for each. Regular bolt ons will benefit the 5.7 more from a percentage gain aspect but you're starting down 115 HP from the jump.

I get what you're saying but I think you need to be realistic in your expectations and shoot for getting into the high and mid 12s.

That's what makes the Scat Pack such a compelling package... you get a better suspension and brakes and nearly 500 hp really for only a $3-4k difference depending on options especially if you are buying new since the Power Dollar rebate brings it $1,150 closer!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Nothing to add to the conversation.

·
Registered
881 Posts
As far as wheels—do you have a 17” drag set up you’d recommend? I’m trying to find some stuff on here for wheels specs for a drag pack.
Check JMS Chip & Performance, they have nice 17's that fit our cars and won't break the bank. Racestars are another affordable choice. FB has someone selling them almost constantly.

As for tires, a 275/50/17 M&H would be a mighty fine place to start.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Save your $ for a supercharger....Headers & the 3.09 rear will support this well. Everything else is a waste if your looking for low 12's or lower.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Save your $ for a supercharger....Headers & the 3.09 rear will support this well. Everything else is a waste if your looking for low 12's or lower.
Thats what I've been getting from the research. I just made a post about gears... you think 3.09 is the best if I go the forced induction route? maybe 3.70 or 3.90??

·
Registered
145 Posts

Modern red hemi on youtube. Mopar stage 2 Cam, converter, drag radials, and a tune. Also located here in md. 11.7 or 11.8 was his best time before we went with a procharger.

Those times do have a possibility. Also depends on the track, location, and conditions.

Someone in denver wont run as fast as we do here at or near sea level on the east coast.

I wouldnt shoot his plan down just yet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
MRH Released another vid today (friday) and its the complete N/A build llist to how he ran 11s.

Obviously you dont have to replicate it exactly. Some parts you may or may notALREADY have.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts