Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2019 Charger GT last month. It currently has 1,200 miles. It has the V6 motor and 8 speed transmission. For the past 3 weeks I have noticed that when the car is restarted once the engine is warm, there is an audible "thump" in the rear of the car. It does not do it every time, but 80% of the time. Now I am noticing an engine chatter for 2 or 3 seconds along with the thump. I took it to the dealership today and of course it did not do it. Anyone experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
I have had 4 cars (I still have 3) with the Pentastar V6 and none has ever made any thump or chatter or any other unusual noise during start, while running, or shutting down. I'm not sure what you mean by "chatter" though..lifters or fuel injectors clicking? (the thump may be the fuel pump)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just purchased a 2019 Charger GT last month. It currently has 1,200 miles. It has the V6 motor and 8 speed transmission. For the past 3 weeks I have noticed that when the car is restarted once the engine is warm, there is an audible "thump" in the rear of the car. It does not do it every time, but 80% of the time. Now I am noticing an engine chatter for 2 or 3 seconds along with the thump. I took it to the dealership today and of course it did not do it. Anyone experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responding. I would call the chatter lifter noise. I was thinking fuel pump too. The car sat on the lot for over 6 months. I love the way it looks and drives

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Hi glord,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. If you do address this with your dealer again we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts