Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Charger RT Road and Track
207 Posts
Stock they will hit the govenor at about 166. My 13 rt is tuned to 192 or so and on the dyno in 4th gear we hit 172. Granted this was on a dyno and not on the street. But either way these cars will easily do 170+

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
745 Posts
I'm always curious what anyone is going to do wit this top speed?

The Current speed limit is 70mph. If you drag race your not hitting over 120-130 mph heavily modified and then if your hitting 130 or more in a R//T your not street legal anymore and the restrictions of top speed would have been removed.
The Charger doesn't make for a good track car so what do people do with top speed and why is it important? Do you live in Germany?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts

The Current speed limit is 70mph. If you drag race your not hitting over 120-130 mph heavily modified and then if your hitting 130 or more in a R//T your not street legal anymore and the restrictions of top speed would have been removed.
The Charger doesn't make for a good track car so what do people do with top speed and why is it important? Do you live in Germany?
Just so they can say my car goes 180mph, that's all.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I responded to your other post... a stock R/T with super track pack has the high speed engine controller which removes the limiter. Bone stock should go about 145 mph or so if that really matters to you. IIRC Scats/392s get up to about 175-180 and of course the Hellcat can hit right on 200 mph.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thsn
I responded to your other post... a stock R/T with super track pack has the high speed engine controller which removes the limiter. Bone stock should go about 145 mph or so if that really matters to you. IIRC Scats/392s get up to about 175-180 and of course the Hellcat can hit right on 200 mph.
thanks man I didn’t see ! The STP I’m m looking at is perfect but I wanted to make sure I didn’t get the base 130 speed thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can tell you this for sure, my 2019 R/T won’t let me go past 150. Have tried it multiple times.

My friend’s 2019 Scat Pack WB, 165 is the max. He’s tried it multiple times as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can tell you this for sure, my 2019 R/T won’t let me go past 150. Have tried it multiple times.

My friend’s 2019 Scat Pack WB, 165 is the max. He’s tried it multiple times as well.
Oh man and this 2018 STP is what’s the 2019 rt is but with a lil more stitching on bolsters and heated front seats and it got 22k miles with blacktop ... it’s 32k plus tax California . Sound like a good deal for what it comes with its original price was 40k and was leased I’ll share a pick so others see I made another thread comparing to a Daytona 2019 with 22k miles as well both under warranty but I don’t love the satin so I chose this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Top Speed indicator on my 18 R/T STP has been sitting on 90 since the first month I got it almost 3 years ago. I don't know where I can go to safely drive it any faster. The drag strip is not an option.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
The 150 makes sense. I've looked at most of the Michigan State Police tests and the 5.7L is always 149-151 mph. Surprisingly, the last 3.6L ran 141 mph.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts

100%
I had a tuned Hayabusa, which should be able to do about 195mph. The fastest I ever had it was 165mph. Once.
I enjoyed hitting 140mph in 1320 feet way more than hitting top speed.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I had a tuned Hayabusa, which should be able to do about 195mph.
The New York State Police caught a guy on a Hayabusa at 193 mph, they said the highest radar speed ever in the state.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The New York State Police caught a guy on a Hayabusa at 193 mph, they said the highest radar speed ever in the state.

How much jail time?

·
Registered
745 Posts
100%
I had a tuned Hayabusa, which should be able to do about 195mph. The fastest I ever had it was 165mph. Once.
I enjoyed hitting 140mph in 1320 feet way more than hitting top speed.
1320 is all I care about. Top speed is nonsense here in the United States. But it seems like so many people pay attention to that.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
How much jail time?
I didn't see any followup but says he got 14 tickets and then bonded out for $1500.

Rider was Anthony Anderson of Poughkeepsie.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I remember hitting over 160mph on my ZX-6R many moons ago. I'll tell you what though, it feels much safer on a super sport going those speeds than it does a car.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Pursuits come with the High Speed Engine Controller. The limiter is 158mph. Not unlimited.

Techincally there are few places in USA you can go all out. The best known is the Saltflats in Utah.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
158 Posts
The cars are governed depending on the tires it came with, that is 100% of the reason. Look at the stock tires, H vs V vs Z that will tell you the top speed. The RTs come with different tires depending on the model, hence the 130/155/unlimited ratings.
Scat Packs are drag limited to ~180, that is theoretically as fast as the car can go if everything is perfect. The Hellcat as well at ~205, that is all it will do stock. Both have 210mph tires.

I've never heard of the SP widebody having a governed 165 mph top speed as posted earlier, my guess is that it's just the extra drag and weight of the aero kit, and wider tires slowing it down. I could easily believe that the car would lose 8% of its top speed adding all of that drag, rolling resistance, and weight.

Reactions: Karl_1052

·
Registered
957 Posts
Pursuits come with the High Speed Engine Controller. The limiter is 158mph. Not unlimited.

Techincally there are few places in USA you can go all out. The best known is the Saltflats in Utah.
10-4 but a stock R/T won't do 158 so my point was you are drag limited around 145-150. People don't realize how much extra power you need to eek out another 5 or 10 mph once you get over 150. Cars with STP or pursuits or 2019+ R/Ts say "high speed engine controller" on the sticker means you aren't artificially capped below drag limit.

I just checked the Michigan Police test and in 2020 the 5.7 RWD and AWD both hit 149 and the 3.6 hit 141 (RWD) and 140 (AWD). The weird thing is they have the 2021 preliminary tests up and all Chargers hit 140. I wonder what happened to that 9 mph? The Ford 3.0 turbo Explorer hits 148 mph we better find that 9!

Reactions: CE9311
1 - 20 of 31 Posts