Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, picked up a 2018 Charger SRT 392 and loving it. I see older related posts on this, wanted fresh opinions. It's all original equipment so far, 20” x 9.5” SRT Low Gloss Black Performance Wheels with Pirelli 275/40ZR20 All Season Perf Tires. I'd like to go to 295 or 305 on the rear. It looks like the proper rim would be 20x10.5" for 295 and 20x11" for 305. Confirm? Next, since it's got 9.5" stock naturally I'm wondering if a certain offset (how much?) would do it, or if some other mod is required (what mod is it?) to get to 10.5 or 11" rear rims on the 2018 models? Finally, open to suggestions on rim brand, I wasn't going to leave these on ALL the time, therefore NOT change out the front 2 rims, so looking for something similar to the 5-spoke low gloss black.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
I am running 11" wheels on the back with 315 tires. I don't know the offset but it doesn't matter because they effed them up and I had to put 5mm spacers in.

I have Rennen Forged wheels but I would never recommend this company to anyone. Bunch of wankers.

Try Triumph Forged. They are pros at this for Chargers/Challengers and I wish I had gone with them in the first place but at the time they were out of my budget range. Hindsight is 20/20.

Reactions: 18SRT392

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, good info, and I already dropped a line to Triumph. Agree, very expensive. Would you consider others? I'm sure to some extent you get what you pay for but cannot bring myself to drop over $5,000 on 4 rims. Then again, want to do it right the first time and not feel that pain of your hindsight. For example, I see Performance Plus Tires sells 20x10.5" factory reproduction wheels "DODGE HELLCAT STYLE 70 SATIN BLACK RIM" for a little over $200 each, is that junk compared to Triumph and similar?

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
I dunno about junk but they are cast wheels probably made in China. Maybe good for winter wheels but I wouldn't want them for anything else.

And yeah I didn't want to spend the coin on the Triumph wheels because at the time the $CDN was crap so it would have cost me closer to $8k with the currency exchange. But the stress and BS I went through on the Rennen wheels was not worth the money I saved, which really wasn't much after all was said and done.

Maybe look into Rohana wheels. Very nice and a bit cheaper than forged. They have cast and roto-formed wheels.

Reactions: 18SRT392
1 - 4 of 4 Posts