Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

New to the site. I purchased a 2018 Charger Daytona 5.7, and am having trouble finding many mods and info regarding those mods. I am considering the tazer programmer, catchcan, new cam, and mid muffler delete.

Does anyone have any advice on these or others? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congrats on the new car....what are your expectations with the tazer?
After further research, it doesn't look like the tazer will do a lot for me. I would like to get rid of the rev limiter but not a huge deal. Really looking for Add'l hp and better exhaust sound without spending a small fortune.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I added a pedal commander. Though it doesn’t add any hp but makes the pedal super sensitive and opens it up quickly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to do a cam you will need an actual tuner with a custom tune, but I'm not sure they cracked 2018 models yet.
I didn't even think about that. 1st new car lol. It didn't seem there is much to do yet. I'll just have to stick with a mid muffler delete. From the videos I've watched, that seems to make the exhaust sound better.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I didn't even think about that. 1st new car lol. It didn't seem there is much to do yet. I'll just have to stick with a mid muffler delete. From the videos I've watched, that seems to make the exhaust sound better.
I have not personally heard a mid muffler delete on a 5.7 or 6.4 with the active exhaust yet, but have read that both sound good. Only thing i did see about the 5.7 is it might sound a little raspy.

When I had my 5.7 Daytona my favorite mod was lowering springs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I added a pedal commander. Though it doesn’t add any hp but makes the pedal super sensitive and opens it up quickly
I do have a pedal commander on my 5.7 daytona aswell and i gotta say its a hell of an experience. totally feels like you barely touch the gas pedal and its already throwing itself. As far as the tazer don't know much about it was looking into it aswell but after a couple youtube videos don't really need it

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
to do a cam you will need an actual tuner with a custom tune, but I'm not sure they cracked 2018 models yet.
DiabloSport tuners support custom tunes for the 2018 5.7L/6.4L Hemi. You also need to purchase a unlocked PCM. The tuners are not able to reflash a locked factory PCM. You have to pay attention to which tuner you're buying if you plan to install a custom tune. For example, the DiabloSport i3 tuner has two models. Model 8300 is 50-state compliant (if you have a 2014 or older model Charger) and does not support CMR software (custom tunes). Model 8345 does support CMR software (custom tunes).
DiabloSport will not ship the i3 model 8345 or unlocked PCM to California. They also will not ship the i3 model 8300 to California for 2015+ model year Chargers.

https://www.diablosport.com/

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll just have to stick with a mid muffler delete. From the videos I've watched, that seems to make the exhaust sound better.
you wont regret it bro I did the mid muffler delete on my daytona 5.7 and sounds so much better i love flooring under bridges or just in general definitely a head turner! I have my cousin that did it to his aswell but hes running full on straight pips and ohhhhh my so loud!! but it does have more drone inside the cabin keep that in mind.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I have a mid muffler and sounds sweet. I would like to try to add the classic chambered mufflers on to see if it makes it sound better buuuut neighbors hate my car in the am already lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
you wont regret it bro I did the mid muffler delete on my daytona 5.7 and sounds so much better i love flooring under bridges or just in general definitely a head turner! I have my cousin that did it to his aswell but hes running full on straight pips and ohhhhh my so loud!! but it does have more drone inside the cabin keep that in mind.
Do you have any videos? I have a 2017 Daytona 5.7 and Im looking to upgrade the sound of my exhaust but I dont want it to be tooo loud.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
YouTube it. Tons of videos there

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you have any videos?
I do have a couple of videos I tried to upload one but says it's too big. (get It?) lol Anyways If you are in the California Area we can maybe link up can show you how it sounds. Or you can simple just watch videos on youtube just search 5.7 daytona mid muffler delete hope this helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I do have a couple of videos I tried to upload one but says it's too big. (get It?) lol Anyways If you are in the California Area we can maybe link up can show you how it sounds. Or you can simple just watch videos on youtube just search 5.7 daytona mid muffler delete hope this helps.

Ive seen some videos on youtube but I was trying to get an opinion to go along with the video. Thanks for trying. I think I might check out a local mopar gtg and see some rides in person for a better idea. BTW...Im in Florida

1 - 15 of 15 Posts