Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this question over on LXFORUMS the other day; got 300+ views but no answer...maybe someone here can help me.

The car has 45K miles and still has the OEM parts, but I'm getting ready to replace them, and I want to replace with the same OEM parts ...

From the labels on the actual parts they are these:

Rear Shocks: Mopar 68072165AB mfg'd by SACHS
Front Left Strut: Mopar 68090073AD mfg'd by SACHS
Front Right Strut: Mopar 68090072AD mfg'd by SACHS

Does anyone know if these SACHS parts below are the same parts (performance/specs), just with different unbranded P/N's:

Rear Shocks: SACHS 316787
Front Left Strut: SACHS 316785
Front Right Strut: SACHS 316786

The reason I am asking is because they are much less $$ than the MOPAR branded parts.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Those are listed as "touring" struts, HOWEVER RockAuto shows them as going on: GT Model; GT Plus; Pursuit; SXT Model; SXT Plus Leather; w/ Performance & Sport Suspension. Why would you replace them so soon? They usually go 75-80K before you notice them getting sloppy.

Bilsteins are a great alternative.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Those SACHS shocks front and rear are the same part numbers as my 2019 R/T (which all come with Super Track Pak now).

I wouldn't trust the aftermarket SACHS to have the same performance spec as the OE, just because they're listed as fitting on whatever model. I think the original Super Track Pak cars all had Bilstein shocks but then FCA had SACHS making shocks to those same specs and they became interchangeable. Most folks prefer the Bilsteins for the brand name and the cool yellow look!

Why are you swapping shocks at 45k miles anyway? At about 75k miles on my 2006 I swapped in 2010 SRT Challenger Shocks/Struts/Springs which already had about 15k miles on them. I sold the car at 150k and it still rode great.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, I would get Bilstiens when I get new shocks probably next level stiffer. The Sachs are pretty nice and still give a decent ride.. Still just as good at 59K vs at 16K when I got the car. I drive 75% highway so they probably will last longer than normal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the replies...all good info.

Current set is starting to feel little skippy.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Thanks all for the replies...all good info.

Current set is starting to feel little skippy.
If it "gallops" in a long tight curve at 60-70 mph, then it is time for new ones. I put Bilsteins on my 85 VW GTI at 75K and they were still great when I sold the car with 335K on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts