Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I have a question please, how can I know if I have a sport mode in my car 2018 charger SXT Plus, and if so, how can I activate it? I do not have the sport mode button under the screen.
Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I did not buy the car yet, it all the options I want, but I don't know if it has sport mode, is it worth it to buy it?
and does this taser affect the warranty?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does not have the button on the panel. But on the screen it says the car is equipped by Sport mode, but couldn’t figure out how to activate it!! But is the sport mode really worth it? I love the car (didn’t buy it yet) and it has all the options I want.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
There isn't much that can be changed in the computer menu, the steering is all I could find to set to sport on my SXT Plus. Still fun to drive!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There isn't much that can be changed in the computer menu, the steering is all I could find to set to sport on my SXT Plus. Still fun to drive!
so you think if I like the car I should get it anyway? I mean the sport mode is not with it? the window sticker says it has "sport suspension", does it mean "sport mode"?

·
Registered
64 Posts
thanks. I did not buy the car yet, it all the options I want, but I don't know if it has sport mode, is it worth it to buy it?
and does this taser affect the warranty?
Just adding on to what POWERMAN said

I have the TaZer and love it. For the ~300$. I got it for $250(3-4 years ago)cause I don't need to do the bypass that it seems like your 2018 model will need.

But no, if you don't have the button on the center console or its not in the apps(Performance App), then you do not have sport mode. The TaZer MIGHT enable sport mode, stopped working on my car after a radio/firmware update so not the TaZer's fault but it worked before.

Basically it just adjust the steering and the shifting. The car would like to stay in lower gears longer and downshift more frequently so it feels a little more powerful. But sport mode or not, if you full throttle the car, there is no difference. It will downshift the same and shift almost the same in normal mode. It just makes normal less aggressive driving feel more sporty. Steering will switch to max stiffness if you have it set to normal or comfort. If you unlock the performance app, you will see options for suspension & engine but that won't actually do anything if you manage to find and turn on sport mode.

EDIT:

AND NO, it will not void your warranty. There is a warranty act back in 1975, I think its called the Magnuson act or something. It basically says you can't be denied warranty unless the dealership can PROVE that what you did caused the part to fail. To my knowledge, the TaZer does not do anything that can mess up your car. Linelock might be a bit dangerous to your abs brake system, engine, trans, or diff but I doubt that they can prove the TaZer caused it. Instead they'll just blame your driving habits and say you abused the car. Unless you want to replace your tires prematurely, don't use that feature :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just adding on to what POWERMAN said

I have the TaZer and love it. For the ~300$. I got it for $250(3-4 years ago)cause I don't need to do the bypass that it seems like your 2018 model will need.

But no, if you don't have the button on the center console or its not in the apps(Performance App), then you do not have sport mode. The TaZer MIGHT enable sport mode, stopped working on my car after a radio/firmware update so not the TaZer's fault but it worked before.

Basically it just adjust the steering and the shifting. The car would like to stay in lower gears longer and downshift more frequently so it feels a little more powerful. But sport mode or not, if you full throttle the car, there is no difference. It will downshift the same and shift almost the same in normal mode. It just makes normal less aggressive driving feel more sporty. Steering will switch to max stiffness if you have it set to normal or comfort. If you unlock the performance app, you will see options for suspension & engine but that won't actually do anything if you manage to find and turn on sport mode.

EDIT:

AND NO, it will not void your warranty. There is a warranty act back in 1975, I think its called the Magnuson act or something. It basically says you can't be denied warranty unless the dealership can PROVE that what you did caused the part to fail. To my knowledge, the TaZer does not do anything that can mess up your car. Linelock might be a bit dangerous to your abs brake system, engine, trans, or diff but I doubt that they can prove the TaZer caused it. Instead they'll just blame your driving habits and say you abused the car. Unless you want to replace your tires prematurely, don't use that feature :)

Thank you so much for your informative reply, that helps me a lot. I loved the car too much, it's amazing, it has all the options I want plus 10 beats speaker and beats subwoofer and other options. In the settings it says "your car is equipped by sport mode, and the this symboled will flash once it's active" that's why I got confused and I tried to activate the sport mode but no luck, it seems it does not have it. Again thanks a lot for your reply!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thank you so much for your informative reply, that helps me a lot. I loved the car too much, it's amazing, it has all the options I want plus 10 beats speaker and beats subwoofer and other options. In the settings it says "your car is equipped by sport mode, and the this symboled will flash once it's active" that's why I got confused and I tried to activate the sport mode but no luck, it seems it does not have it. Again thanks a lot for your reply!
Would you be able to provide an image of that message? I am very curious myself.

Since you have the 2018 model, your radio is a little different than mine since you got the UAQ model. I have the RA4 in my model. They look and act the same, except your UI is a bit different and you have Android Auto/Apple CarPlay.

But your center console should be pretty identical. Here is an example where the sport mode button should be.
https://i.gyazo.com/a7c03966a87bc6555a21af1df3ceb8f3.png

For me I have my traction control button there instead of the sport mode and I used to just have to press both the traction control button and the back button(to the right) at the same time and I would get a flag symbol in my EVIC to let me know it is in sport mode. I am curious what button exist for you in the position of the "Sport" button like in the image.
This is what the flag looks like on my car.
https://i.gyazo.com/64600a00d4cdeab0b13ffea9d19313f5.png

This UI might differ from yours since my radio is different. But on my car with the TaZer, I unlocked the "Performance Pages" which brings me to this screen. NONE of these options work and probably won't work for your car either. BUT the "Drive Mode Set-Up" worked kinda.
https://i.gyazo.com/4f95abf33eb82ffa3ae44054d2ec9627.png

In that new menu, it gave me a glance at what my settings were set at currently and it had another button for "Sport Mode Set-Up" and "Default Mode Set-Up". Anyways I had these options. I don't remember if it had Paddles, maybe it was replaced with Suspension. It's been a while since I've seen it since it doesn't work anymore for me.
https://i.gyazo.com/daa7f9593866391c35646ceaa7438740.png

BUT these options barely worked. Steering was the ONLY noticeable option that actually seemed to change when I switched into sport mode. Engine/Trans & Traction Control seemed to have no effect or at least I couldn't notice it.

This was nice while it worked but ever since I got a radio update, I think I received it OTA actually. Clicking onto "Performance Pages" just brings me to a black screen and freezes up my radio. I can still switch between SXM, Aux, BT, FM and do next track and volume controls using the steering wheel, but I cannot click or see anything. Gotta restart the car to fix it. Plus the sport mode activation(pressing both buttons) doesn't work anymore either. I am probably just unlucky. I tried contacting ZautoTech to see if they have a fix or update to address it, but I doubt it.

I'm kinda jelly you got the beats speakers. It was gonna be 3k more to get the extra tech package but I didn't care or want all the fancy driving assistance options just to get the beats and I don't remember if they offered the speaker upgrade without having to get the entire tech package. Either way I got the Alpines which aren't so bad themselves. If anything for under 3k, I can fully upgrade and replace all my speakers and add double woofers in the back.

If your seriously looking into having some extra fun with that SXT and got a bit of cash to dump into it. I really recommend getting the TaZer for the fun features. Maybe throw on a new CAI, it probably won't give you any noticeable performance boost but it would make it sound nicer hearing that air being sucked in. Supposedly they give a 5-10 HP boost but I don't believe in that myself. K&N sells them for about ~$300 or you can buy the Mopar one for ~$450. I would recommend looking into getting a catch can as well. I was probably unlucky to find a pool of oil in my intake manifold, but they are fairly cheap and easy to install. Probably good for the longevity of the car since you remove any oil from potentially making your valves dirty. Plus you can get fancy with the tubing and colors. If your willing to dump a decent amount, you can probably get a tuner too. It's a bit expensive since I think even for the 2018+ models you still have to get a modified PCM, but you will definitely feel a difference with a small tune. Lastly, you can throw on a supercharger kit if you got 5-8k to spend. I wouldn't do it to my car but I've been eyeing the rippmod supercharger for a while now. It would be fun to be a sleeper but since it is my daily, I wouldn't want to potentially destroy my engine. Lastly maybe exhaust? Again I doubt you'll notice any performance boost but it would sound pretty nice. I myself removed my mid muffler/resonator. It was dirt cheap to do and just replaced it with a pipe. It makes it louder and it sounds great when I start the car. It gets a bit raspy/tin can soundy a bit when I romp it especially near 3-4k rpms. I might be able to fix that with a set of good mufflers.

If you decide to do anything, let us know and show us the progress. I'm sure a couple v6 owners would be curious. Best of luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Would you be able to provide an image of that message? I am very curious myself.

Since you have the 2018 model, your radio is a little different than mine since you got the UAQ model. I have the RA4 in my model. They look and act the same, except your UI is a bit different and you have Android Auto/Apple CarPlay.

But your center console should be pretty identical. Here is an example where the sport mode button should be.

For me I have my traction control button there instead of the sport mode and I used to just have to press both the traction control button and the back button(to the right) at the same time and I would get a flag symbol in my EVIC to let me know it is in sport mode. I am curious what button exist for you in the position of the "Sport" button like in the image.

This UI might differ from yours since my radio is different. But on my car with the TaZer, I unlocked the "Performance Pages" which brings me to this screen. NONE of these options work and probably won't work for your car either. BUT the "Drive Mode Set-Up" worked kinda.

In that new menu, it gave me a glance at what my settings were set at currently and it had another button for "Sport Mode Set-Up" and "Default Mode Set-Up". Anyways I had these options. I don't remember if it had Paddles, maybe it was replaced with Suspension. It's been a while since I've seen it since it doesn't work anymore for me.

BUT these options barely worked. Steering was the ONLY noticeable option that actually seemed to change when I switched into sport mode. Engine/Trans & Traction Control seemed to have no effect or at least I couldn't notice it.

This was nice while it worked but ever since I got a radio update, I think I received it OTA actually. Clicking onto "Performance Pages" just brings me to a black screen and freezes up my radio. I can still switch between SXM, Aux, BT, FM and do next track and volume controls using the steering wheel, but I cannot click or see anything. Gotta restart the car to fix it. Plus the sport mode activation(pressing both buttons) doesn't work anymore either. I am probably just unlucky. I tried contacting ZautoTech to see if they have a fix or update to address it, but I doubt it.

I'm kinda jelly you got the beats speakers. It was gonna be 3k more to get the extra tech package but I didn't care or want all the fancy driving assistance options just to get the beats and I don't remember if they offered the speaker upgrade without having to get the entire tech package. Either way I got the Alpines which aren't so bad themselves. If anything for under 3k, I can fully upgrade and replace all my speakers and add double woofers in the back.

If your seriously looking into having some extra fun with that SXT and got a bit of cash to dump into it. I really recommend getting the TaZer for the fun features. Maybe throw on a new CAI, it probably won't give you any noticeable performance boost but it would make it sound nicer hearing that air being sucked in. Supposedly they give a 5-10 HP boost but I don't believe in that myself. K&N sells them for about ~$300 or you can buy the Mopar one for ~$450. I would recommend looking into getting a catch can as well. I was probably unlucky to find a pool of oil in my intake manifold, but they are fairly cheap and easy to install. Probably good for the longevity of the car since you remove any oil from potentially making your valves dirty. Plus you can get fancy with the tubing and colors. If your willing to dump a decent amount, you can probably get a tuner too. It's a bit expensive since I think even for the 2018+ models you still have to get a modified PCM, but you will definitely feel a difference with a small tune. Lastly, you can throw on a supercharger kit if you got 5-8k to spend. I wouldn't do it to my car but I've been eyeing the rippmod supercharger for a while now. It would be fun to be a sleeper but since it is my daily, I wouldn't want to potentially destroy my engine. Lastly maybe exhaust? Again I doubt you'll notice any performance boost but it would sound pretty nice. I myself removed my mid muffler/resonator. It was dirt cheap to do and just replaced it with a pipe. It makes it louder and it sounds great when I start the car. It gets a bit raspy/tin can soundy a bit when I romp it especially near 3-4k rpms. I might be able to fix that with a set of good mufflers.

If you decide to do anything, let us know and show us the progress. I'm sure a couple v6 owners would be curious. Best of luck
Thank you so much for these nice ideas, I like the CAI, I will ask about it, I will try to press the traction control button and the back button together to see if it will activate the sport mode. I will provide pictures of the control panel once I get to the car since I did not buy it yet. I will go to the dealer ship today. All the other mods you mentioned sound interesting, especially the exhaust, I'm sure it would give a nice sound. Yes it has a package 29J, which costs 3000$. It's a used car, it has 1600 miles on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

Here are the images,
so when I press the traction control button, this is what happened

this is the pic which says the car is equipped by sport mode

this is the control panel

Carfax says: "No-start/hard start condition checked." it happened before it was sold, it was still at the dodge dealer ship lot, and it stays there for 1 year and 4 months before somebody bought it and then traded it in after 2 months! Is that something bad? it's 2018 tho.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here are the images,
so when I press the traction control button, this is what happened

this is the pic which says the car is equipped by sport mode

this is the control panel

Carfax says: "No-start/hard start condition checked." it happened before it was sold, it was still at the dodge dealer ship lot, and it stays there for 1 year and 4 months before somebody bought it and then traded it in after 2 months! Is that something bad? it's 2018 tho.
Oh I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. The Traction Control + Back button combination only works with the TaZer. It is not a default hidden feature on the car. In your case the buttons are slightly in different locations. I looked through TaZer's documentation and it only states 2015-2017 so that option might not even work with your vehicle. I am aware of a "Auto Sport" mode which may be able to trigger your factory sport mode but I am unsure. I am wondering maybe they flashed an incompatible radio firmware or something because that car clearly doesn't have the sport button but the radio seems to think so. That is very strange. If you had the Sport Mode button, it should be right where the "Mute" button is. So I think it is safe to assume that car does not actually have a factory accessible sport mode. Unless it's hidden somewhere in the radio's menus which I doubt cause I've never seen that, except the setup page but usually you can't switch between modes in there unless it's the SRT version which gives you like 5 modes to choose from but you shouldn't have that option in that radio anyways.

The display and yellow traction control off light in your EVIC is showing because you clicked the button underneath "Mute". That is not sport mode unfortunately. It just makes your traction control weaker so it doesn't hold back your car as much on a tight turn. It still will actively attempt to stop any slippage. I think there is actually a hidden feature to turn that off entirely by starting the car by holding the Traction Control button + your engine on button.

I thought you already owned the car, not looking into buying it. I tried to look up the 29J package but all I could find is that it is referenced as a "quick order customer preferred" package. I think it just means it includes the heated/vented front seats, heated rear, driving assistant features, 20" wheels, other fancies, and sport suspension. Dealerships sometimes get it wrong when listing or explaining things, so maybe if they said anything about sport, they probably are referring to the upgraded suspension.

1600 miles for a used car sounds VERY low. I was starting to worry it was a rental car cause those tend to get abused. The no start/hard start might be a couple things. I am thinking maybe a battery issue. If it's been sitting in the dealer's lot for over a year. It could have failed to start due to dead or weak battery and they just reported the service on the VIN so it sounds scarier than it is. Maybe it could have been something more serious. If the dealer doesn't have more information about it, maybe try downloading the myCarFax app and if you put in the VIN, it should show you a bit of a service history. Hopefully you might find more detail there. It's difficult to know why the original owner got rid of it after 2 months. Personally that worries me but it could have been a innocent financial reason or they just didn't like the car and traded in for a hellcat or something.

If your interested in exhaust work. One of the most common things people do to the v6 charger is a reso delete. I did it and this is what it sounds like for me. I still have the stock intake and stock mufflers so it'll probably sound better if I do those one day.

Since you didn't buy it yet, maybe there is time to reconsider your choice. I don't want to discourage you, but hear out my experience. I bought my 2015 SXT AWD back in October 2015, it only had ~50 miles on it. That means I owned this car for about 3.5 years. Today it has 57k miles on it. I bought it ~40k brand new and its worth just under 20k today. The thing with chargers is that they depreciate value really fast. I think towards the 100k mileage and over, the v8s hold their value better than the v6s. In terms of problems, I've had a few minor things. Recently I had cylinder #2 misfire and the spark plugs are rated for 100k so it died a bit prematurely. I have a small issue with the AWD system popping a light randomly but it still works. Luckily I fixed all the issues myself saving a ton of money, since non of my issues seemed to be covered by the powertrain warranty. I am not sure about your price range, but I am assuming that a 2018 charger(1600 miles is still basically a new car) is going to cost you about the same, ~40k. I see certified preowned 2015-2017 models going for about 25-30k with under 40k mileage on them. If I remember correctly these are leased cars so usually they are maintained a bit better than your used cars. I'm not sure how set you're on that specific car w/ packages but maybe shop around a little more before you decide to make a big purchase. I am happy with the v6 but I've heard stories of people buying the smaller engine, wanting more power, and trading in for a v8 within a year of ownership. So if you actually do care about the power/sound/performance, maybe a used v8 will fit your price range.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. The Traction Control + Back button combination only works with the TaZer. It is not a default hidden feature on the car. In your case the buttons are slightly in different locations. I looked through TaZer's documentation and it only states 2015-2017 so that option might not even work with your vehicle. I am aware of a "Auto Sport" mode which may be able to trigger your factory sport mode but I am unsure. I am wondering maybe they flashed an incompatible radio firmware or something because that car clearly doesn't have the sport button but the radio seems to think so. That is very strange. If you had the Sport Mode button, it should be right where the "Mute" button is. So I think it is safe to assume that car does not actually have a factory accessible sport mode. Unless it's hidden somewhere in the radio's menus which I doubt cause I've never seen that, except the setup page but usually you can't switch between modes in there unless it's the SRT version which gives you like 5 modes to choose from but you shouldn't have that option in that radio anyways.

The display and yellow traction control off light in your EVIC is showing because you clicked the button underneath "Mute". That is not sport mode unfortunately. It just makes your traction control weaker so it doesn't hold back your car as much on a tight turn. It still will actively attempt to stop any slippage. I think there is actually a hidden feature to turn that off entirely by starting the car by holding the Traction Control button + your engine on button.

I thought you already owned the car, not looking into buying it. I tried to look up the 29J package but all I could find is that it is referenced as a "quick order customer preferred" package. I think it just means it includes the heated/vented front seats, heated rear, driving assistant features, 20" wheels, other fancies, and sport suspension. Dealerships sometimes get it wrong when listing or explaining things, so maybe if they said anything about sport, they probably are referring to the upgraded suspension.

1600 miles for a used car sounds VERY low. I was starting to worry it was a rental car cause those tend to get abused. The no start/hard start might be a couple things. I am thinking maybe a battery issue. If it's been sitting in the dealer's lot for over a year. It could have failed to start due to dead or weak battery and they just reported the service on the VIN so it sounds scarier than it is. Maybe it could have been something more serious. If the dealer doesn't have more information about it, maybe try downloading the myCarFax app and if you put in the VIN, it should show you a bit of a service history. Hopefully you might find more detail there. It's difficult to know why the original owner got rid of it after 2 months. Personally that worries me but it could have been a innocent financial reason or they just didn't like the car and traded in for a hellcat or something.

If your interested in exhaust work. One of the most common things people do to the v6 charger is a reso delete. I did it and this is what it sounds like for me. I still have the stock intake and stock mufflers so it'll probably sound better if I do those one day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_AjgdTtRE

Since you didn't buy it yet, maybe there is time to reconsider your choice. I don't want to discourage you, but hear out my experience. I bought my 2015 SXT AWD back in October 2015, it only had ~50 miles on it. That means I owned this car for about 3.5 years. Today it has 57k miles on it. I bought it ~40k brand new and its worth just under 20k today. The thing with chargers is that they depreciate value really fast. I think towards the 100k mileage and over, the v8s hold their value better than the v6s. In terms of problems, I've had a few minor things. Recently I had cylinder #2 misfire and the spark plugs are rated for 100k so it died a bit prematurely. I have a small issue with the AWD system popping a light randomly but it still works. Luckily I fixed all the issues myself saving a ton of money, since non of my issues seemed to be covered by the powertrain warranty. I am not sure about your price range, but I am assuming that a 2018 charger(1600 miles is still basically a new car) is going to cost you about the same, ~40k. I see certified preowned 2015-2017 models going for about 25-30k with under 40k mileage on them. If I remember correctly these are leased cars so usually they are maintained a bit better than your used cars. I'm not sure how set you're on that specific car w/ packages but maybe shop around a little more before you decide to make a big purchase. I am happy with the v6 but I've heard stories of people buying the smaller engine, wanting more power, and trading in for a v8 within a year of ownership. So if you actually do care about the power/sound/performance, maybe a used v8 will fit your price range.
Yes that's weird, it shows on EVIC it's sport but I'm not sure if it's sport mode or not! And the screen says this car has sport mode but it does not. I've read and watched a lot about the sport mode, a lot of people say it does not do too much difference between normal and sport mode. Maybe the Tazer can turn the sport mode on.
Actually it is 25800$ not 40k lol, the trim is SXT Plus, and the new 2018 SXT plus (without j29 package is around 26k). New 2019 GT is like 30k.
I think I don't need V8, I live in a city where the speed limit is low kinda and I don't travel a lot, so v6 would be fine for me. I'm driving Camry 17, which is 2.4 and I feel it's fast lol.
I really love the car, especially the beats surrounding and subwoofer system. Just worried about the start/hard start issue. I will get it to "pre purchase car inspection" before I buy if I'm gonna buy it. I will call the dealer ship where it has that issue fixed to ask them about it.
I'm afraid about the reliability and the issues that happened to your car and the warranty did not covered it, I don't want to keep visiting the dealer ship to fix the car even if it's still under the warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

If your interested in exhaust work. One of the most common things people do to the v6 charger is a reso delete. I did it and this is what it sounds like for me. I still have the stock intake and stock mufflers so it'll probably sound better if I do those one day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_AjgdTtRE

I like the video too much, the exhaust is amazing and works perfectly on your car, thanks for the video :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes that's weird, it shows on EVIC it's sport but I'm not sure if it's sport mode or not! And the screen says this car has sport mode but it does not. I've read and watched a lot about the sport mode, a lot of people say it does not do too much difference between normal and sport mode. Maybe the Tazer can turn the sport mode on.
Actually it is 25800$ not 40k lol, the trim is SXT Plus, and the new 2018 SXT plus (without j29 package is around 26k). New 2019 GT is like 30k.
I think I don't need V8, I live in a city where the speed limit is low kinda and I don't travel a lot, so v6 would be fine for me. I'm driving Camry 17, which is 2.4 and I feel it's fast lol.
I really love the car, especially the beats surrounding and subwoofer system. Just worried about the start/hard start issue. I will get it to "pre purchase car inspection" before I buy if I'm gonna buy it. I will call the dealer ship where it has that issue fixed to ask them about it.
I'm afraid about the reliability and the issues that happened to your car and the warranty did not covered it, I don't want to keep visiting the dealer ship to fix the car even if it's still under the warranty.
Oh damn that is cheap. I just configured a new 2019 SXT similar to mine and it came out to 39k. I am including taxes in my 40k. The AWD adds a lot to the price.

I'll be honest, I didn't drive my car like a grandma so I'm probably killing it faster. The warranty stuff is always tricky. You'll at least be covered with the 3yr/36,000 mile warranty, that covers basically everything except tires, bulbs, brakes, etc. But after that expires, you have the 5yr/100,000 mile power train warranty which starts to cover less electrical components. Cars these days usually have some complicated sensors/electric parts hidden deep somewhere that probably won't be covered by warranty and you get screwed with the labor cost even though the part probably cost under $100. I hope I didn't discourage you. My AWD issue might be covered under warranty but the problem is I don't know what is the fault and I didn't want them to charge me $150 for diagnostic fee to tell me the code I already am aware of and recommend replacing the part I assume was faulty(which wasn't covered by warranty). So I decided to replace it myself. Turns out it wasn't that. So if it ends up being a deeper issue, I have a greater chance it probably is covered by the warranty and I should just get them to fix it. The misfire was most likely caused by a faulty PCV valve(ended up dumping a lot of oil into my intake which probably made the spark plug fail) which I think is covered under warranty(PCV valve, not the spark plugs) but I decided to just buy the parts myself and fix it myself to learn the car better and I personally have horrible experiences with my local dealership so I REALLY do not want to visit them ever.

Your case could be absolutely different. The Pentastar is known to be a great engine so you might have no issues at all and if you do, your dealership might not be horrible like mine. I guess it really all comes down to luck. But definetly try to research that specific cars history a bit more so you can spot any red flags. If it all comes out clean, then I think that is a fair price for a low mileage 2018 car with great package setup.

Let us know how it goes :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts