Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a couple questions regarding my current set up and wanted to get some feedback from you all.
Current Mod List:
BBK Longtube Headers
AirRaid Cold Air Intake
Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel Kit-Straight up Plug and Play Kit, Direct Bolt on. (Noticed a good power increase and no issues so far!)
Diablo i3 tuner- just need to install.

So with the Flex Fuel kit , the sensor is stating I am currently running at 75% ethanol which would put me at about 98-100 Octane Rating. While my end goal is to have a professional dyno tune, I am looking to spend my money on other mods at the moment then dyno tune when all mods are installed. In the mean time, I am planning to run the “Diablo” 93 Octane tune along with running the e75/85 (100 octane) fuel. First question is, would this be safe to run considering it’s only a 93 tune when the fuel octane is higher than what is provided by the tune? Second question would be, if it is safe , what kind of gains should I expect from the set up of the e85 flex fuel kit plus the diablo tune? Would I see at least see similar gains from a 93 fuel/93 tune car, if not more?

Like I mentioned , dyno tune will maximize gains but obviously I want a decent power increase in the mean time. Please provide your feedback , much appreciated!!
PS- according to advanced fuel dynamics the flex fuel kit is compatible with any tune and it automatically adjusts itself to the tune whether it be stock ,91,93 etc.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,787 Posts
Higher octane is of no benefit unless you are bumping up the compression via head, and/or piston mods, or forced induction, and then it's a necessity, not a power adder.
Header gains would be minimal if any on a stock engine.
Mopar didn't leave much if any hidden power to be discovered.
A good tune might net 15 hp but will perk up the driving experience via throttle response and shifting re-calibration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to tune to take advantage of any of your mods. Are you driving the car?
Yes , I understand that, just wanted to make sure the canned diablo tune should have the same gains on 93 octane vs the running e85. I don’t mind not getting extra benefits from the octane , just want to make sure it’s safe and that it would result still in a gain instead of a loss. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes , I understand that, just wanted to make sure the canned diablo tune should have the same gains on 93 octane vs the running e85. I don’t mind not getting extra benefits from the octane , just want to make sure it’s safe and that it would result still in a gain instead of a loss. Thanks.
You'll certainly end up smelling it. Lol

·
Registered
320 Posts
From I quickly read, that e85 thing just adjusts the pulse of the fuel injectors to allow it to run ok on e85. It's self adjusting so I would think a canned 93 tune would be fine & the device would just auto adjust the injectors to compensate.
Also note their warning that if you go to far on mods you will need their pro version & may even need better injectors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts