Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! My key fob will I lock all doors, open the trunk, set the panic alarm off....but won’t start the car. I went out of town for a couple of weeks & this all started when I got back. I did have a fob battery low warning, but replaced the battery & it worked fine the entire week before I left. I’ve replaced the battery in the fob twice since with two different name brands, pushed the start button with the fob (both with & without a battery in it), & replaced the battery in the car (the remote start worked twice after replacing car battery but car died when start button was pushed each time & now won’t restart, I’m getting the remote start disabled warning). All fuses appear ok. It still tells me fob not detected, can’t even get it to click over to the Acc position. I’m at my wits end about what to do next without having it towed to a dealer. I’ve spent hours googling & reading posts in forums but no one seems to have my problem to this extent. Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Did you try holding the metal end of the remote to the stop/start button when you press start? Thats the bypass if your remote is not working. That will tell you if its a remote issue or a car issue

Both your remotes not working?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try holding the metal end of the remote to the stop/start button when you press start? Thats the bypass if your remote is not working. That will tell you if its a remote issue or a car issue

Both your remotes not working?
Bought it used so only got one remote. Pushed the button with both ends of the fob. It dings, then tells me remote start disabled start vehicle to reset. Then tells me to push brake & button to start & key fob not detected.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
As a last resort before the dealer, you could try disconnecting the car battery for a while (10 min) to reset everything, then reconnect and see if that helps.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Strangely, mine did the same thing this morning... I put a new battery in the FOB and that fixed it. It is a good thing I keep a pack of 2032 batteries on hand all the time (all my vehicle remotes use that size).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a last resort before the dealer, you could try disconnecting the car battery for a while (10 min) to reset everything, then reconnect and see if that helps.
I’ve replaced the battery in the car. That’s what got it to remote start twice & it went right back to not starting.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Help! My key fob will I lock all doors, open the trunk, set the panic alarm off....but won’t start the car. I went out of town for a couple of weeks & this all started when I got back. I did have a fob battery low warning, but replaced the battery & it worked fine the entire week before I left. I’ve replaced the battery in the fob twice since with two different name brands, pushed the start button with the fob (both with & without a battery in it), & replaced the battery in the car (the remote start worked twice after replacing car battery but car died when start button was pushed each time & now won’t restart, I’m getting the remote start disabled warning). All fuses appear ok. It still tells me fob not detected, can’t even get it to click over to the Acc position. I’m at my wits end about what to do next without having it towed to a dealer. I’ve spent hours googling & reading posts in forums but no one seems to have my problem to this extent. Anyone have any insight?
Hi Rsnow4, Feel free to let us know via private message if you plan to work with your dealer to resolve this. We are happy to provide you with additional assistance during that process.
Rob
DodgeCares

1 - 7 of 7 Posts