Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump. Added a couple of more :)

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
876 Posts
Everytime I see a Daytona , I think about the one that got away. I was all geared up to buy a 2020 Scat Pack Daytona 392 in Frostbite and it had a Dynamics package which I hated and it didn't have a sunroof. I looked at the car probably 4 times and kept walking away but I loved everything else about the Daytona Package. I could not find another one equipped the way I wanted it. I also couldn't order one as I was shopping last year and Covid really killed my dreams of ordering the perfect car. I'm not un happy with the one I got , I love it to death but I have such an eye for the Daytona I just might have to grab one one day.

I like the little personal 345 touch on the back. Destroyer Gray is a color that grew on me. I didn't care for it at first as when that color hit the market so many other brands had a version of it and I saw it everywhere. That usually doesn't bother me but it looked like a dark primer that someone cleared over.
Then Smoke Show hit and that color took me and actually made me really like Destroyer Gray.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
That car looks great, what lowering springs have you got on there. It looks nice but probably too low for me in the Midwest....snow and pothole would end it here!

I've always loved Destroyer Gray and it was my primary choice but I've always like Granite too and since I was buying used (and needed no sunroof) the choices were limited for sure!

Mantis it sounds like you should have gotten that Frost Blue with no sunroof and the 6 pot Brembos... rare to get anything above rental car with no sunroof! I think Smoke Show is too bright, Destroyer Gray is nice, my brother in law has a Wrangler in the same Jeep color called Manta Gray. I'd love to have seen a shade or two darker kinda between Destroyer Gray and Granite.... Granite is nice but almost too dark.

I'd like to see a ceramic style color for the old Maximum Steel but a shade or two lighter... that was a great color and very rare.

·
Registered
876 Posts
That car looks great, what lowering springs have you got on there. It looks nice but probably too low for me in the Midwest....snow and pothole would end it here!

I've always loved Destroyer Gray and it was my primary choice but I've always like Granite too and since I was buying used (and needed no sunroof) the choices were limited for sure!

Mantis it sounds like you should have gotten that Frost Blue with no sunroof and the 6 pot Brembos... rare to get anything above rental car with no sunroof! I think Smoke Show is too bright, Destroyer Gray is nice, my brother in law has a Wrangler in the same Jeep color called Manta Gray. I'd love to have seen a shade or two darker kinda between Destroyer Gray and Granite.... Granite is nice but almost too dark.

I'd like to see a ceramic style color for the old Maximum Steel but a shade or two lighter... that was a great color and very rare.
This is the one I looked at over and over. If it had a Sunroof I would have purchased it first day. If it didn't have a Dynamics package , I probably would have purchased it the second time I looked at it.
The Color is awesome and I absolutely love the Daytona package. Not crazy about the Satin Black stickers on the hood and trunk as I mentally took myself out with thinking about Polishing it and getting some polish on the Satin finish. That would drive my insane. I also thought about not having a Sunroof again and that makes me sad. This car was wrong for me for those reasons but I still keep pictures of her on my computer. I do look at her from time to time.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a nice color, I don't think I've seen that color on the road.

I've got the H&R Sport Spring's and it is LOW..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Frostbite is an amazing colour.

But so is Hellraisin, GoMango, F8 Green, Indigo Blue, Granite, SmokeShow, Sinammon Stick, etc.

The colours were one of the main reason I wanted a Charger(roomy 4 door V8 sedan were the other requirements)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Frostbite is an amazing colour. View attachment 297110
But so is Hellraisin, GoMango, F8 Green, Indigo Blue, Granite, SmokeShow, Sinammon Stick, etc.

The colours were one of the main reason I wanted a Charger(roomy 4 door V8 sedan were the other requirements)
That's Beautiful , love the Daytona Trim. Looks really good with those Scat Pack Wheels. You should see how they look once you give them a Coating, they look even better.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
That's Beautiful , love the Daytona Trim. Looks really good with those Scat Pack Wheels. You should see how they look once you give them a Coating, they look even better.
Daytona 5.7 and base Scats have the same wheels now in 2020+, Daytonas used to get the optional on Scats WRT wheels since the old base Scat wheels were 20x9 with 25.5mm offset and the WRT was at 19.2 and the new 2020+ 20x9 Scatt/Daytona wheels are code WRP and are 20x9 with 19.7mm offset.

Important on the 5.7 (without Brembos) since that spindle doesn't work with the 25.5 offset.

Reactions: Slidd

·
Registered
876 Posts
Daytona 5.7 and base Scats have the same wheels now in 2020+, Daytonas used to get the optional on Scats WRT wheels since the old base Scat wheels were 20x9 with 25.5mm offset and the WRT was at 19.2 and the new 2020+ 20x9 Scatt/Daytona wheels are code WRP and are 20x9 with 19.7mm offset.

Important on the 5.7 (without Brembos) since that spindle doesn't work with the 25.5 offset.
Yup I knew all that. I have seen plenty of the Datona models on the lots with a 5.7 and the Standard Scat pack wheels. I think it looks really good. I do however like the Spider wheels on the Daytona 392 slightly more.
The offset on each wheel is very useful info, where did you get that info? I'd like to learn about the offsets of each wheel offered.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
The offset on each wheel is very useful info, where did you get that info? I'd like to learn about the offsets of each wheel offered.
Hubcap Haven a pretty good resource.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts