Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 2017 charger sxt, with the CarPlay radio. Since I’ve bought the car, April 2021, I’ve had nothing but issues with the radio randomly shutting off. I sent the radio out to be diagnosed and fixed. It came back still doing the same thing. I sent it back out with the factory amp, they tested it, and still didn’t find any issues. I get the radio back today.. and it’s still doing the same thing. Still shutting off, can’t hold any presets except the clock.. anyone know what else it could possibly be? I have an appointment with the Dodge dealer in 2 weeks.. but I can’t go another 2 weeks without a radio.. please help me!!

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Sounds like, at some point, maybe it had an aftermarket radio put in and then removed. Almost sounds like something is loose or conflicting. Maybe a constant power issue?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had a similar issue where mine would reset every ten minutes after I bought mine. Determined after looking at the build sheet on the Dodge app that they had replaced a 8.4” with the base 5” radio which didn’t include Uconnect Access. Once I replaced the radio with the correct one it no longer reset. Wonder if it might be caused by canbus communication issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts