Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Charger Widebody Scat Pack
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a new Charger it now has 8,000 miles on it. I have changed the intake system to an Airaid CAI. I have tried to get a better response from the pedal than it has. I tried a Pedal Commander and it isn't giving me what I,m looking for. I want to change my throttle body and while I have it off, add a throttle body spacer. I'm waiting to receive a "Fast Big Mouth LT" 87mm throttle body and a spacer in the mail. Does any one know it This will work for me on these newer Hemi's?

·
Registered
418 Posts
The spacer will be good for a paper weight on your desk. This TB you are waiting for is described as:

"The FAST™ 87mm Big Mouth LT Throttle Body™ increases throttle bore size & allows customers to run XFI™ or other EFI on late model Hemis."

The aftermarket throttle bodies on the Hemi's are usually based on the year of your hemi because of the computer programs. The throttle body for a 2012 will not work on a 2013 or 2014. Never heard of this Fast TB, I hope it works for you but I have my doubts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I took what you guys said and investigated further. i found a fastman modified factory throttle body. I have 10 days til it gets here. I'll keep you guys informed of the results. They bore a standard new (vehicle specific) Genuine Mopar throttle body to 86mm. It will work in my vehicle. Also, the Mopar PCM controller is designed with modifications people would most commonly do and will learn the air fuel spark ratio on it's own over about 20 hours of use.
I currently run the 1/4 mile in 12.7 (typo correction actually 13.7) with a 107mph and 0-60 in 5.9 on stock tires that don't grip very well out of the hole. I dont have access to a dino, but it's really the speed I'm looking for. I will share my my times with you after the throttle body and spacer install.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hmm, 12.7 on a stock 17' R/T? Isn't that like SRT numbers? Either way, I've always seen that TBs are generally useless unless you're putting out BIG power. The spacer will make for some weight loss of your wallet. Hope the TB works, though!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
12.7 1/4 mile with a 5.9 0-60? My 16 R/T does 0-60 in 5 flat but can't break a 13.2. Stock tires and running at sea level. I've got Volant intake, SRT headers and midpipes with high flow 200 cell cats and Solo cat back! Something isn't right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry guys that was seriously a typo, It's 13.7 1/4 mile with a 5.9 0-60 but I just clocked 13.5 this morning. Yes I am at sea level also. Tampa Florida area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts