Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. My 2016 V-6 Charger won't go into park. Cannot turn off ignition and in turn, cannot open trunk electrically. The battery will go dead if left. I opened the trunk manually and disconnected the battery. (No key to open trunk, thanks Dodge!) Installed a new battery just to rule that out. No help. I had this issue start when coming out of the mountains a week ago. Lots of shifting up/down. Then, after a couple of hundred miles on the way home, it went away. Well, it came back and now looks like it's here to stay. It's showing a code of P-0850 with a check engine light. From what I read, it's pointing to the Internal Mode Switch, inside the transmission. I called my dealer and they say the switch is part of the Valve Body and that is around $2500. If I don't come up with any other ideas, I guess I'll take it in an have it confirmed. I'm leaning toward a junkyard transmission. I'm not into sinking $2500 plus labor into this one. Any input on alternatives would be appreciated. Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is your transmission a 5 speed? On rockauto.com it shows two different ones ( 2016 DODGE CHARGER 3.6L V6 Valve Body | RockAuto ). One is $587.79 and is $554.79 and have a $100 core charge.

I would also get a second opinion from a reputable transmission or independent shop. What you were quoted by the dealership seems a bit high. If you are mechanically inclined, you might even consider replacing it yourself, but I do not know what all is involved in to do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8-speed. Yeah, I would have no problem replacing it myself if I could find one. I'm not going to drop $2500 for just a part on this car. I can get a junkyard transmission lots cheaper and have someone do the swap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
8-speed. Yeah, I would have no problem replacing it myself if I could find one. I'm not going to drop $2500 for just a part on this car. I can get a junkyard transmission lots cheaper and have someone do the swap.

I didn't saa a valve body for the 8=speed on rock auto, only a valve sleeve. But I could have missed it. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts