Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

What is the correct rotation order for rotating the tires on my AWD charger? Manual doesn't say just says rotate as needed for wear.

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
458 Posts
For front or rear wheel drive cars, the drive wheels move straight to the other end of the car and the non drive wheels criss cross to the other end of the car.

Google seems to lump 4 wheel drive and all wheel drive together. And they say follow RWD pattern.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I go front to back. It's worked well for as many years as I can remember. Some vehicles (Caddy SRX for one) had different sizes front and back, so rotation was not possible. Tread warranty was usually half of the spec in that case.

Don

Reactions: amaCharger1012

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I follow the recommended rotation pattern but all to frequently I overdrive the rotation interval. And then I have this penchant for finding nails and road hazards that always takes out a front tire which they replace and then rotate the back to front so the new tire is on the back. It's futile!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your replies for some reason i only got a notification for the first reply will check my settings. I actually got my hands on a service manual and will upload a pic for everyone else to use of the exact diagram and instructions for proper rotation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts