Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question for you guys.

My R/T has an intermittent issue with the headlights working. Sometimes they both come on, sometimes one side or the other only, and the other day neither came on.

Anyone else had an issue like this? What was the cause?

Dealer speculated that it might be the BCM sending the wrong signal to the lights, but would need to diagnostic the car ($100), which is fine, but would the BCM be covered by the factory warranty? Car has 61,100 miles.

I really don't want to spend tons of money replacing the BCM if it is bad, but having no lights is an issue. I want to trade up to a Scat Pack but won't be at that point until later in June or July, so I kinda need to have this checked.

If it isn't covered under the warranty, is there anyways to get Dodge to cover it? Trying to figure out my options.

It had been working good for a few months but when the lights would not come on the other night, nor would the brights, it has become an issue that needs to be addressed. Dealer is aware of issue as they noted it when I had it in for an oil change but didn't have time to diag it and i was slammed at work.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just had an issue with my 2015 RT mostly the passenger side would cut out. I changed the bulbs the relays and both ballasts. Still had the issue. Then someone told me to check the fuses which I over looked because it still worked sorta. Low and behold one was fried. Replaced both and good to go since. Relays are also located in that box and are pretty cheap if they are needed but start with the 2 20A fuses I'm pointing at.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would not have thought of the fuses causing intermittent issues. I’ll check that out thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked the fuses and sure enough they were both blown. Its about to pour here but a trip to Auto Zone tomorrow should hopefully fix the issue. Thanks for the heads up samhane66 (y)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Anytime glad I could help. Just be sure to keep extras in the glove box lol apparently its an issue on the 15 and 16's. Hell of a lot cheaper and easier than a BCM lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it fixes it like it should yeah. Less than 10 bucks versus $100 diagnostic and what a BCM goes for, I would guess upwards of $500-$1000. I’ll let you know tomorrow

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Why couldn't the dealer service dept offer to quick check the fuses......rather than quote a $100 diag fee ??? Oh wait....I know why...!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have read about this being the connection quality of the fuse sockets. If they fit sloppy it generates the heat. I forgot what those guys did to snug up the fit, but keep an eye on em.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replaced both fuses and lights are good to go now. Thanks guys. Mine looked just like the ones posted earlier. Fried on one edge

·
Registered
250 Posts
Replaced both fuses and lights are good to go now. Thanks guys. Mine looked just like the ones posted earlier. Fried on one edge
Nice glad it was an easy fix. I've never seen them do that and still work i was surprised with that damage and heat its actually kinda scary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a question for you guys.

My R/T has an intermittent issue with the headlights working. Sometimes they both come on, sometimes one side or the other only, and the other day neither came on.

Anyone else had an issue like this? What was the cause?

Dealer speculated that it might be the BCM sending the wrong signal to the lights, but would need to diagnostic the car ($100), which is fine, but would the BCM be covered by the factory warranty? Car has 61,100 miles.

I really don't want to spend tons of money replacing the BCM if it is bad, but having no lights is an issue. I want to trade up to a Scat Pack but won't be at that point until later in June or July, so I kinda need to have this checked.

If it isn't covered under the warranty, is there anyways to get Dodge to cover it? Trying to figure out my options.

It had been working good for a few months but when the lights would not come on the other night, nor would the brights, it has become an issue that needs to be addressed. Dealer is aware of issue as they noted it when I had it in for an oil change but didn't have time to diag it and i was slammed at work.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts