Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to preface this with saying that I'm extremely new to the car scene and have no experience with modding whatsoever. This is not a project I plan to do on by myself rather just looking for the right parts to take it to the shop. This is first charger I have ever owned and I can't upgrade to an R/T or SRT because of the climate in where I live even though ik thats the most practical option. That being said, I want to perform a break swap on the front and rear calipers using the following kits:

I've looked for other threads on the forum but haven't been able to find any pertaining to my specific vehicle. From what I understand it all comes down to clearance issues between the stock rims and spindles? I'm using aftermarket 20in x 9.5in rims so I don't think that'd be a problem there but my main question is the spindle. I've read that in order to complete the swap u need to replace the stock spindle with one from the SRT which doesn't fit the AWD Rallye. Ik that the rear brakes are much less work but feel free to fill me in on any info I might be missing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If im being honest, don't bother... It's just a waste of money since brembos were designed for SRT products or high end vehicles to be exact. I live in canada and you can absolutely drive rwd vehicles in bad conditions however that requires some money and some brains. I can be mistaken but a 2015+ r/t charger ground clearance is the same as a sxt/gt.

Your V6 charger should look like a v6 not a v8... At the end of the day it's your money but i'd say don't waste it. If you want a v8, save your money and get a v8. I wanted a v8 but gave in to a v6 because of awd. I regret it all the time...

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
973 Posts
Skip the Brembo’s, unless you just have money to burn. I’m not sure what your climate has to do with your car. 🤔 There are R/T’s and up from almost every climate on this forum. But whatever.

There are plenty of discussions on here about what you’re looking for, @krautmaster has a RALLYE, he upgraded the brakes without changing the spindle. He gives a pretty good break down on how to do it, I realize that you said you were taking it on for the work, but you may change your mind after reading. It’s fairly simple. In fact, he is pretty emphatic about this upgrade.
Just look up BR5 (RT brakes) or BR9 (Pursuit), the threads should pop right up for you.
@georgiapi talks about this upgrade as well.

Reactions: Nik Trajkovic
1 - 3 of 3 Posts