Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to order a 2015 but I don't see where they have the front park sense. I have a 2012 300s with the feature so I assumed it would be available for the charger. Seems like it should be an option since most other Chrysler products have it. Anyone have front park sense on their charger, can it be added?

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
That is odd. I would have assumed that since Chrysler, Ram, and Jeep have it that Dodge does too. Especially since it has all the other sensors (lane departure, front collision, etc.). Did they simply fail to document it?

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Check a different trim level. Not all options are available on all models. Perfect example is my Outdoorsman Ram didn't have Enter-n-Go keys (not an option), but my Sport Ram does. The front sensors on the the Charger may be a similar situation.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I dug through the website and the manual and found nothing under any trim level.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I have it on my 2012. It makes a crunching sound when I underestimate the height on some concrete parking blocks.
That's the "Parking-by-Braille" option.

>:)

Reactions: WalterG

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
My gma's caddy has it. Definitely a pretty nice option. Vibrates the seat at different levels and shows a meter on the dash of how close you are. Stupid they wouldn't be adding it as it seems like one of those things that's slowly becoming "standard".

I have it on my 2012. It makes a crunching sound when I underestimate the height on some concrete parking blocks.
That's the "Parking-by-Braille" option.

>:)
LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
You would think so, but there is nothing documented anywhere.
You would think with all these mandated safety features that are supposed to be "standard" in the coming years something like a simple park assist system would be thrown in on a fully loaded package.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I wouldn't assume it doesn't have it...we just haven't confirmed if it does.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Charger never had that but the 300 does. Looks like it also won't be on the 15s

·
Registered
224 Posts
Are there any good aftermarket kits for this ? Ive thought about repurposing my front license plate bracket holes for something like this and relocate the front plate bracket.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Are there any good aftermarket kits for this ? Ive thought about repurposing my front license plate bracket holes for something like this and relocate the front plate bracket.
Do you want a full "park-sense" system or just a forward looking camera system?

I believe if you search you will find that the forward looking cameras have been installed by members before.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Do you want a full "park-sense" system or just a forward looking camera system?

I believe if you search you will find that the forward looking cameras have been installed by members before.
From what I've found that requires a lockpick device. I think probably would look for something more simple, that barks at me the minute I get to close to the object in front.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Reactions: kevman

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Man....how about people learn how to drive their cars......sensors for parking and lights and wipers....pretty soon the car will just do everythimg and the driver will just sit and do nothing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts