Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Dodger Charger, my power steering has gone out and the dealership is telling me it's my rack and pinion. They way they explained it was that my bushings have gone out. My question is, Would I need to change the whole Rack and Pinion or just the Bushings?

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
I have no idea what "Bushings" they are talking about (maybe internal pieces?). The 2015 and up (non-SRT) cars use an all electric powered rack and pinion - no big power steering pump & no hoses. A new rack is expensive as hell ($1500 rebuilt / $2200 from the dealer) and I know of no parts sold separately beyond the tie rod ends.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The link below is with the dealership told me was damaged. I found it on autozone just trying to do a little research. I definitely understand the rack and pinion is what controls the power steering and I spoke to a local mechanic and they did say it would cost 1500 for parts and labor.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
That just looks like a mounting bushing, not an actual part of the rack itself. If that is all that is wrong, $1500 is nuts (should be more like $65 in parts and an hour of labor)--for $1500 this cannot be the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts