Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, the infamous blend door issue. I am only getting cool/AC air through the driver side vents on my 2015 so the blend door is not toggling over to heat when selected. I hear no clicking or anything of that nature so that's one of the first differences with my issue. Took apart the lower dash and found the two on the driver side. Put my fingers on both and toggled through the settings and lone behold, the hardest one to get to is the one not working what so ever (higher one up). everyone online is saying it possible to replace without tearing the dash apart but i beg to differ. My dash doesn't look like anything I've seen online so I've come to the realization that the 2014s and below have different column assemblies. I have two huge mechanical motors for the tilt column that all no access to the screws i need to get to. I don't want to drop the column so I'm debating on removing the torx screws that hold in the motors i need to remove in order to have SOME access. But before i do that i wan to know if anyone has done it on a 2015+ model year. If so, that will reassure its possible and i will try for it. I also have the replacement on hand but its saying i need to calibrate it when installing. Do the 2015+ years auto calibrate like everyone says?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I have a 2013 and replaced 3 of 4 so far, with the 4th going in on 11/11 to get done.

I know that doesn't help your original question though. If you can try and search I do believe there was a few posts regarding someone with a 2015+ doing the blend doors and I don't believe they had to tear the dash apart. I'm not 100% on it. Having small hands and not being a very large person help with getting it done though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did it. Took 2 hours of maneuvering around, twisting under the dash but I finally got it. Unless your nimble enough to get in there it’s most likely impossible to do. Wait for the car to be cool lol but it’s done and works. Calibrated itself too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts