Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger R/T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Dodge Charger R/T with around 40k on the odometer and starting today when I'm at a stoplight and get on it it from a dead stop the rpm's will climb until it shifts and then when it starts shifting into 2nd theres like a delay and then a very hard shift into 2nd. It only did it twice today and this is the first its happened I was driving all over town and getting on it a little bit and it was kind of hot today given this past week has been pretty cold in lubbock Tx mabey the weather change has something to do with it idk just speculating

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Erron:
Welcome to the forum. Do you know what the in service date of your car is. Did you buy it new? The temp change could have something to do with it, or not. If by chance you are lucky enough to have a bit of the 5 year 100K powertrain warranty left, I would get it to your fav dealer asap.

Don

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger R/T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it used at a local Toyota dealership, would I have to go thru the toyota dealership to verify wether I have a warranty or not.? Or should i call a local dodge dealership to see if the car still has a warranty.?
Erron:
Welcome to the forum. Do you know what the in service date of your car is. Did you buy it new? The temp change could have something to do with it, or not. If by chance you are lucky enough to have a bit of the 5 year 100K powertrain warranty left, I would get it to your fav dealer asap.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
You would go thru an FCA/Dodge dealer. Take a look on the end of the drivers front door, and see what the build date is? That can give you a starting place, but it may have sat on a lot for a while before selling which could extend the coverage a bit.

Don

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
At 40K you are ready for a transmission fluid and filter change NOT A FLUSH !...drop the pan, let it drain for a while, put in a new filter & gasket and refill with ATF+4 (as much as drained out-- usually 5-6 quarts). I would order one of the Dorman pans with a drain plug, makes it a lot less messy the next time..btw, the old NAG1 five speed is super easy to change the fluid on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I have a 2015 Dodge Charger R/T with around 40k on the odometer and starting today when I'm at a stoplight and get on it it from a dead stop the rpm's will climb until it shifts and then when it starts shifting into 2nd theres like a delay and then a very hard shift into 2nd. It only did it twice today and this is the first its happened I was driving all over town and getting on it a little bit and it was kind of hot today given this past week has been pretty cold in lubbock Tx mabey the weather change has something to do with it idk just speculating
Hi @ERRONN806 - If you address this with your dealer and you are in need of any additional support for that process, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for further support.

Mark
DodgeCares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts