Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, sorry I'm a noob here, but am going through various forums trying to figure out what this squeak is inside of the dash of my 2015 Charger Video posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZReFuJScj0 It happens all the time regardless of startup, sounds like something is loose, and gets louder when going over bumps. Dealership has no idea and doesn't know what it is, won't diagnose it further. It happened after a bad storm here and I ran through some water at a higher speed jarring the car. It sounds as if something inside the dash has gotten loose, but I wanted to know if anyone has an idea before I start tearing into the dash and going in blind. The dealership did look and they say it's not the suspension or anything in the front end, and it is definitely inside the dash. I plan on taking the dash apart, however, wanting to get some info and to know if anyone knows of anything that has a good chance of getting loose inside the dash. I've done the basics, it doesn't appear to be the windshield or speakers or dash itself rubbing, it sounds like something inside it rubbing together.

Here's the link again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZReFuJScj0

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Mine does this once in awhile but is not consistent. Mostly a winter thing. I've read that the retainer clips on the underside of the dash can come lose and rub. Dealer should take car of this for you under the 3/36 warr. If the dealer your at refuses, call FCA customer care or PM the Dodge Cares person on this site. Or you can always take it to a different dealer.

Good Luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just picked up a 2013 SE AWD and when I brought it home from the dealership I had the most annoying creaking noise and it appeared to be coming directly from the dash, in the area of one of the AC vents near as I could tell. It sounded like broken plastic and was driving me insane! I was driving it the other day and it was making the noise and for some reason I opened up that overhead compartment, the one by the map lights, and then I closed it and...the noise was gone!!! I have no idea what it was, maybe the hinge of that thing since it seems to be pretty cheaply made but that solved my problem.

It was bizarre because it sounded like it was coming from the dash vent I mean exactly from that vent but as it turned out it was nowhere near that vent.

I'm not sure if that is what your issue is but I wanted to post this as it might be something to try.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hey guys, sorry I'm a noob here, but am going through various forums trying to figure out what this squeak is inside of the dash of my 2015 Charger Video posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZReFuJScj0 It happens all the time regardless of startup, sounds like something is loose, and gets louder when going over bumps. Dealership has no idea and doesn't know what it is, won't diagnose it further. It happened after a bad storm here and I ran through some water at a higher speed jarring the car. It sounds as if something inside the dash has gotten loose, but I wanted to know if anyone has an idea before I start tearing into the dash and going in blind. The dealership did look and they say it's not the suspension or anything in the front end, and it is definitely inside the dash. I plan on taking the dash apart, however, wanting to get some info and to know if anyone knows of anything that has a good chance of getting loose inside the dash. I've done the basics, it doesn't appear to be the windshield or speakers or dash itself rubbing, it sounds like something inside it rubbing together.

Here's the link again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZReFuJScj0
I sympathize since I get the same type of sound from my 14 R/T. It's worse in the winter but it does drive me nuts. I don't like bringing it to the dealer because they often don't end up fixing issues like this correctly but I may have to.

I'd recommend you take yours in as well since it's under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts