Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up guys...

First let me say Hi, Hello, What's up? We are about to be best friends...Lmao

So I just recently became part of the charger family. #ChargerGang . I've always been heavily into cars, whether it was modding or just appreciation. Had a 95 civic hatchback in college that I dumped about 10 grand into: Shaved door handles, Lamborghini Door Hinges, Custom gauges/pods, Custom paint, Rims, Frankenstein motor, etc. Other than that car, I've had a BMW 3 series which stayed mostly stock other than clear/euro lenses, and an intake and then I had an Audi TT 6spd which only had an intake and a blow off/diverter valve. Now that I have this 2015 AWD Charger I want to start heavily modding it, at least aesthetically. I don't think I'll be doing any engine mods but I'm gonna do a lot to it, appearance wise. I will be posting many questions but for this post my main concern is WHEEL FITMENT. I'm usually a DIY person but when it comes to wheels, I know nothing. So I need help. I have some friends that are mechanics and they have been adamant about not getting staggered wheels or having an offset due to the AWD. But I haven't really been able to talk to them about what I can and cannot do. I want to throw some huge wheels on this Charger and lower it, I've even thought about doing that "stance" sh*t because it looks sick. But I know nothing about that....Don't know how it works, how it doesn't snap lugs, or just eat thru tires immediately...But we can discuss that later....

My current dilemma is that I don't know what wheels will fit on my car without rubbing. The car came stock with 235/55/19s. AGAIN THE CAR IS AWD. I want to throw some 22"s or 24"s on the car and I want them wide but I don't want to have a rubbing problem. I was looking at a certain set of rims and for the 22"s they come in 22x9.5 or 22x10. The 24"s only come in 24x10. I'm pretty sure from past experience that XXx10 is for like 305 tires. And if my car came stock with 235s I'm pretty sure the 305s will be a problem. What are my options? What's the widest I can go without rubbing (please keep in mind that I plan on doing a 1.25" to 2.5" drop.)? Will 235s fit on a 9.5 wheel? Or better yet what width tires fit on a 9.5 wheel, and then will they rub on my car? Also is there anything I need to know in regards to offset? Please help I'm trying to buy these rims in the next 2 weeks.

Sidenote: is there a category in the forums that I can just post pics of my car and the mods that I've done so far. Today marks Day 8 having the car. Brand spanking new and the modding has already begun..

·
Registered
859 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There are many people here that can help you with your questions. For starters....

Also is there anything I need to know in regards to offset?
The offset is probably the most important piece of information you need to know when considering new wheels for your AWD Charger. On Dodge AWD wheels, the offset can range from +35mm to +55mm depending upon wheel width and diameter. For example, a Dodge OEM AWD 19x7.5" wheel has an offset of +55mm. Most wheels intended for RWD Chargers have much lower offsets and, as a result, will not fit properly on an AWD Charger.

Also, for Dodge Chargers the bolt pattern is 5x115 and the center bore is 71.6mm.

I want to throw some 22"s or 24"s on the car and I want them wide but I don't want to have a rubbing problem.
You'll find that not many people run 24" wheels on Chargers. There are more that mount 22s, but bear in mind these wheels generally are heavier and tend to ride more harshly (among other disadvantages). By far, the most popular fitment for aftermarket wheels is 20."

The tire size for Charger OEM 20" wheels is 245/45r20 (except the 2015 SRT/Scat Pack). These tires will generally fit other aftermarket wheels without any problems. When considering larger tires, the wheel width and offset become important considerations. A 275/40r20 is a common upsize tire for RWD Chargers and will usually fit without problems. Tires larger than this must be selected carefully (and may require some fender modifications.) This will be particularly true for an AWD fitment where the offset is critical. And if you plan on lowering the vehicle, that is another complicating factor.

A good place to start your search would be a large wheel/tire vendor such as Tire Rack or Discount Tire. Just don't rush to buy a new set of wheels without doing your due diligence. And don't hesitate to check back here if you have any questions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum! There are many people here that can help you with your questions. For starters....

The offset is probably the most important piece of information you need to know when considering new wheels for your AWD Charger. On Dodge AWD wheels, the offset can range from +35mm to +55mm depending upon wheel width and diameter. For example, a Dodge OEM AWD 19x7.5" wheel has an offset of +55mm. Most wheels intended for RWD Chargers have much lower offsets and, as a result, will not fit properly on an AWD Charger.

Also, for Dodge Chargers the bolt pattern is 5x115 and the center bore is 71.6mm.

You'll find that not many people run 24" wheels on Chargers. There are more that mount 22s, but bear in mind these wheels generally are heavier and tend to ride more harshly (among other disadvantages). By far, the most popular fitment for aftermarket wheels is 20."

The tire size for Charger OEM 20" wheels is 245/45r20 (except the 2015 SRT/Scat Pack). These tires will generally fit other aftermarket wheels without any problems. When considering larger tires, the wheel width and offset become important considerations. A 275/40r20 is a common upsize tire for RWD Chargers and will usually fit without problems. Tires larger than this must be selected carefully (and may require some fender modifications.) This will be particularly true for an AWD fitment where the offset is critical. And if you plan on lowering the vehicle, that is another complicating factor.

A good place to start your search would be a large wheel/tire vendor such as Tire Rack or Discount Tire. Just don't rush to buy a new set of wheels without doing your due diligence. And don't hesitate to check back here if you have any questions.
Alright, i def understand what you're saying. i know that people usually go for 20" wheels. My personal preference is that it just doesn't look good with 20's. My car came stock with 19"s and the aspect is 55. I've seen multiple people that put 20"s on their car and it just looks too small for me. i def understand that with 22"S and 24"s that i will sacrifice basically all of the ride quality, but I'm not trying to race this car, nor go fast/handle in this car. i like to drive slow and simply want this to be very pleasing on the eyes. i have the 6-cyl if i was trying to go fast or something i woulda got the hemi or the challenger with the hemi. i saw a post on here just a couple minutes ago of some dude with a black 2015 on some black 24"s and it looks like it is perfect for the car...yeah they look big but not too big that its obnoxious. so i def need minimum 22"s, 24"s would be nice tho..but yeah i don't mind the rough ride, i just don't want any rubbing at all...ive seen people with 26"s and even 30"s, which is just ridiculous. so I'm guessing that ??x10 is too wide...ill probably have to go with the 9.5s but what like width is too wide? is 275 too much...my car came with 235s can i get some like 255/30/24s? will that size rub? and I'm still completely lost with this offset thing...maybe i need to wait to talk to someone who has a 24" set up already to hear how they went about it...also ill probably get these BC coil overs that everyone is talking about because i want to lower the car enough that theres no gap...it doesn't have to be slammed, doesn't have to be tucked..nor does it have to have a stance ( / \ camber) just has to eliminate the enormous gap that is there right now...also i will be putting on the stock rims and tires for the winter thanks for your help tho sir, i would certainly appreciate any more and all advice you have to offer, obviously your knowledge is greater than mine..ohh attached are the pictures of the said guys charger on 24"s

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
My personal preference is that it just doesn't look good with 20's. i def understand that with 22"S and 24"s that i will sacrifice basically all of the ride quality,
As long as you understand the tradeoffs, then you won't be surprised with downside associated with oversized wheels.

maybe i need to wait to talk to someone who has a 24" set up already to hear how they went about it...also ill probably get these BC coil overs that everyone is talking about because i want to lower the car enough that theres no gap..
You definitely don't want to purchase a set of wheels because "someone said they should fit" or "they are too good of a deal to pass up." Talk to people who have gone down the path of 22s or 24s before you take the plunge.

There have been a few threads on BC coilover fitment for AWD. They work, just make sure you get the correct Part Number which is apparently different from the RWD version. If you have no real interest in performance and are mostly interested in the vehicles stance, you might want to check out the various types of air suspension systems. They may be easier to adjust than coilovers.

and I'm still completely lost with this offset thing
Offset is going to be very important for your fitment so you need to educate yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again personal preference. Car is not a track car or anything. I don't speed. I drive slow

Also, nobody said anything about doing something because somebody said to do it...but if someone had a 24" set up and ran into problems or told me what tire size and wheel width they went with. They would be able to tell me if they had any rubbing and what not. It would help me figure out what works and what doesn't

Now that you mention air ride, that doesn't seem like a bad idea. Know of any good reputable air bag systems? Back in the day it was airbagit.com. Recently I head of accu-air ....anyone know of any companies to look into.

Trying to grab these rims and tires this week so air bag should follow within the next week or two and then I'll have both installed at the same time. I figure if I go with an air ride set up. I can stance it out. #StanceNation

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Lol 99% chance I won't do this. But this stance shit looks cool. They probably go thru tires like gas
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Those stances look like someone forgot to put all the lugnuts back on, or Wile E. Coyote was just punked by the Roadrunner. :grin2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
What's up guys...

First let me say Hi, Hello, What's up? We are about to be best friends...Lmao

So I just recently became part of the charger family. #ChargerGang . I've always been heavily into cars, whether it was modding or just appreciation. Had a 95 civic hatchback in college that I dumped about 10 grand into: Shaved door handles, Lamborghini Door Hinges, Custom gauges/pods, Custom paint, Rims, Frankenstein motor, etc. Other than that car, I've had a BMW 3 series which stayed mostly stock other than clear/euro lenses, and an intake and then I had an Audi TT 6spd which only had an intake and a blow off/diverter valve. Now that I have this 2015 AWD Charger I want to start heavily modding it, at least aesthetically. I don't think I'll be doing any engine mods but I'm gonna do a lot to it, appearance wise. I will be posting many questions but for this post my main concern is WHEEL FITMENT. I'm usually a DIY person but when it comes to wheels, I know nothing. So I need help. I have some friends that are mechanics and they have been adamant about not getting staggered wheels or having an offset due to the AWD. But I haven't really been able to talk to them about what I can and cannot do. I want to throw some huge wheels on this Charger and lower it, I've even thought about doing that "stance" sh*t because it looks sick. But I know nothing about that....Don't know how it works, how it doesn't snap lugs, or just eat thru tires immediately...But we can discuss that later....

My current dilemma is that I don't know what wheels will fit on my car without rubbing. The car came stock with 235/55/19s. AGAIN THE CAR IS AWD. I want to throw some 22"s or 24"s on the car and I want them wide but I don't want to have a rubbing problem. I was looking at a certain set of rims and for the 22"s they come in 22x9.5 or 22x10. The 24"s only come in 24x10. I'm pretty sure from past experience that XXx10 is for like 305 tires. And if my car came stock with 235s I'm pretty sure the 305s will be a problem. What are my options? What's the widest I can go without rubbing (please keep in mind that I plan on doing a 1.25" to 2.5" drop.)? Will 235s fit on a 9.5 wheel? Or better yet what width tires fit on a 9.5 wheel, and then will they rub on my car? Also is there anything I need to know in regards to offset? Please help I'm trying to buy these rims in the next 2 weeks.

Sidenote: is there a category in the forums that I can just post pics of my car and the mods that I've done so far. Today marks Day 8 having the car. Brand spanking new and the modding has already begun..

Just put 265/40R22’s on mine. No rubbing with a full steering wheel turn and no rubbing during riding and hitting bumps. AWD 2015 Pursuit AE09319D-8207-4969-8AFB-D144D15FC138.jpeg F99C1C01-84A9-4303-9B44-E1E4A0F06289.jpeg
AE09319D-8207-4969-8AFB-D144D15FC138.jpeg
F99C1C01-84A9-4303-9B44-E1E4A0F06289.jpeg
F99C1C01-84A9-4303-9B44-E1E4A0F06289.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts