Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to send the grey and white pics that supposedly shows the 2015 SRT 392 Charger to the SRT facebook page via messenger and they are faked and even sent me the white one with vents not removed proving it's just the Hellcat prior to being photoshopped.

As I said, I'm a pro shooter and at pixel level there were signs of cloning, though a few folks insisted they were real. They are not.

So the waiting for the REAL 392 continues.

Robert

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already told you that I created the white one.

They also sent the original pic of the grey car.

So there are no real pics of a 2015 392 at this point in time. I'm hoping that a rumor of a 6 month or year long delay for the 392 is unfounded, but that's what a dealer suspects.

We'll see.

Robert

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts

So there are no real pics of a 2015 392 at this point in time. I'm hoping that a rumor of a 6 month or year long delay for the 392 is unfounded, but that's what a dealer suspects.

We'll see.

Robert
Let's see the "original" pic of the grey car.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
As I said, I'm a pro shooter and at pixel level there were signs of cloning, though a few folks insisted they were real. They are not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SRT sent me the pics via facebook IM on my phone. I saved the white one, but can't get to the grey one yet. Working on it. Oddly the dialogue did not appear on facebook messenger.
The grey pic clearly showed the vents.

As for my credentials, working still photographer for many years, large format and digital.

SRT responded as follows: "Hi Robert, thanks for the note. What you sent are photos of the 2015 Charger SRT Hellcat that have been altered by a third party. They are not official images and do not come from us. See the original photos attached. Thanks for checking in. Hadi"

Is SRT lying? Seems to me they simply ignore if real.

Robert

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Didn't we already have this discussion? :scratchhead:

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Didn't we already have this discussion? :scratchhead:
Yes, but it is so much more scintillating the second time around, especially with it's own thread!!!

:notallthere:

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
There are two very important details in the pics posted on LX...

First is the wheels. Those are not Hellcat wheels. They are the same as the '14 Challenger Shaker. Every photo I can find of the Hellcat test mules with the blacked out wheels all use this wheel...

Second, the rear spoiler is black. Every pic I can find of the Hellcat has it in body color.

Hmmm...Scat Pack?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts

We'll see.

Robert
Still waiting on those "original" pictures of the grey car. :asleep:

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good morning, Robert — That one's not authentic, either. If you look closely at the front end on the left side, you can see some artifacts from retouching. At this point we don't have any news on a 2015 Charger 392. ^Hadi

The above is the response from SRT. They sent me a pic of the same car WITH the side intakes on the hood. Problem is that after you read a message on their facebook page it auto-deletes the pic and message.
Anyway, that's what SRT has to say. Naturally I hope they're bluffing.

Robert

·
Registered
441 Posts
Keep calm I am Pro.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I think the gray car, chopped or not, is about what to expect from the 392SRT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts