Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Charger R/T and was wondering if anyone has tried (or been successful) in making the ‘across the deck’
taillight operate as a ‘across the deck’ brake light that would operate with the brake lights, and independent of the turn signals?

the state I live in has a lot of inclement weather in the fall/winter, and being injured severely in high school from being rear-ended, and I am overly paranoid about it happening again!

Thank You😁

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,326 Posts
Its possible. I have mine separated so I can disable it with a wireless remote on my console. Lots of law enforcement departments have them switched also.
So taking it off the running light circuit and adding it to the brake light circuit should be easy enough. It only draws .7A.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its possible. I have mine separated so I can disable it with a wireless remote on my console. Lots of law enforcement departments have them switched also.
So taking it off the running light circuit and adding it to the brake light circuit should be easy enough. It only draws .7A.
I was just concerned about separating the brake from turn signal voltages.

A friend that works for a dealership, gave be the exterior lighting wire diagrams, but since it appears from them that they are fed from a computer program, I have a deathly fear of back-feeding a voltage into the compute, and “letting the smoke out”😬
I appreciate your post👍👍

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,326 Posts
Back feeding? Heh? Not.
There is a plug that splits power & ground for the "running lights on/off" circuitry to the R, L, and Center Light. You can snip this power + & - feed to the center light and tap it into the +&- feed to the brake lights. This is strictly power from the brake pedal circuitry.
A back feed would involve stand alone power & ground wires looping all the way back to the computer which there is not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts