Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I'm planning on putting one of the SRT front bumpers onto my 2014 AWD RT. Looks so much better! I saw others had gone with the one from Ikon with good results, but it appears it's no longer available. I found this one from BMC:

https://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/charger-srt8-conversion-front-bumper-2011-2014.html

I would hope that the price of this one means its quality and shouldn't require additional parts or extensive reshaping. Anyone have any experience with this particular product, or know if it needs any additional parts? I read that on other conversions, there were additional parts needed for the fog lights to work.

Or better yet, if there's a cheaper one elsewhere that still has decent quality

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Best bet. Go OEM. It’s a direct fit and won’t have any issues. I know it’s a lot more money but again no fitment issues. That’s what I did.

Who I used and comes with everything ya need except you’ll need to get a fog light kit to go from 5202(I think) to H11

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173874084065

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
/\ correct!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my car back from the shop!

There was only one issue... The front collision sensor doesn't line up!

Even with the bezel on, my car isn't yelling at me to brake, which is good.. however obviously it doesn't look great, and I'm guessing this will make it less effective. Does anyone know what to do? My cursory research found that sensor bracket is the same for all models. Does it just need to be remounted a few inches to the right and up? Will that affect it?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The sensor bracket is different for the srt cars. Last I looked you can't get the bracket separate from the sensor from mopar, so either find a wrecked srt car to get the bracket from or spend a couple thousand dollars on a new srt sensor. If the sensor is disturbed you'll have to have it recalibrated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems to me like it mostly needs to move a couple inches towards the drivers side. I saw that it mounts on the impact bar - would it be possible to simply move it down and drill new holes?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I don’t see why ya can’t do that. Give it a whirl and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Your biggest concern doing that will be getting it calibrated again afterwards.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Just don’t unplug it lol

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Unplugging it doesn't matter, moving it does. A very small change in direction/angle on the car adds up to a large distance over a larger distance. If it's not properly calibrated you could have all kinds of problems with it not properly tracking vehicles in your lane when using adaptive cruise as well as false collision warning alarms.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Ooooooooooh. Yea that makes sense. Well that sucks.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yep, that's why I haven't gotten an srt bumper.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll give the Dodge dealership near me a call and see if they can recalibrate it - otherwise I'm just going to have them disable it and I'll cover it up with the standard non-cutout grille. I drove it for a while to see if it would still work, but eventually it told me to clean off the sensor as if it was covered in snow, as its line of site is now partially obstructed from the grille. I turned off the ACC and the FCW in the options menu, but I guess that doesn't actually turn it "off" per say, as it still constantly barks at me to clean the sensor, driving me crazy! Is there an easy way for me to truly disable it?

The ACC is nice, but I can live without it. And I definitely do not rely on the FCW, not to mention the occasional false alarms every now and then that give you a heart attack

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update: The dealership wasn't comfortable moving the sensor because it's a safety feature. They did say however that if I or someone else moved it, they would try recalibrating it for me. They also claim that they can't disable it. I'm gonna see if the Tazer or something similar can.

In the meantime, I'm searching for a used SRT sensor from a salvage, I figure paying $500 isn't so bad if I can then turn around and sell the sensor I have now. I also removed the bezel, and while it doesn't look great, it stopped the constant alerts that my sensor needs to be cleaned.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Alfaobd has a setting it can toggle in the bcm labelled "Forward Collision Warning Present", so it may be able to disable it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts