Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... I am so torn, i love the looks of the 100th anniversary with the leather seat pattern and the High Octane Red.

However, I also love the Plum Crazy Pearl color..... The R&T is MSRP'd about $1000 more but includes ventilated seats as the only real difference.

which would you chose and why? is the price difference something that I should care about if I can't the dealer down to the same price?

thank!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
You know my answer. ;)

Mike

Sent from my phone

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Buy 2? LOL

That would be a tough one, PC is an awesome color, but 100th anniv is something special.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
haha nothing like indecision to help indecision!

so its 1 - 100th and 1 - PC and 1 - Buy both geeeeeee thanks <_<

lol j/k, but i am really leaning towards saving a grand and buying the something special! not too often you are around for the 100th anniversary of something!

You know my answer. ;)

Mike

Sent from my phone
Now what made you go after the sxt over the Rt? honest question, not trying to start a hemi / non hemi war... honestly i have found them both around the same price here in michigan

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
My wife got a Grand Cherokee with the 3.6 and 8sp. I drive it to work one day and loved it. Much tighter shifts than my Challenger RT. So, I shopped around and discovered the anniversary edition. One look at the molten red interior and my decision was made. Oh, saving $70 per month in gas is a nice bonus.

I miss the roar of the v8, but I'm very happy with everything else. You should at least drive one (make sure it has Sport mode.)

More here
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205729
Mike

Sent from my phone

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Buy the 100th anniversary, that way there will be less PCPs like mine on the road. :bigthumb: lol

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Funny story about the Anniversary Edition. After owning it for a couple of months, I posted a picture of the instrument cluster. It wasn't until another member saw it and pointed it out to me that I realized the 100 on the speedometer is in red to commemorate the 100 years.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The 100th anniversary edition will hold it's value better than the PCP...you could look at it that way.

I think they're both awesome. I have the ventilated seats, they're worthless. Go for the 100th anniversary.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
56 Posts
Depends, which one has the heated/cooled cup holders???

jk

I'd personally go with the 100th ann. charger, i saw it in person and was like wow...

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I'm happy having my heated steering wheel.

Mike

Sent from my phone

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I'm happy having my heated steering wheel.

Mike

Sent from my phone

Be on the look out for delamination. Apparently the heat caused the leather to crumble and fall apart. Many dealers try to blame you saying it was your ring or other jewelry.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Not concerned. It will always be under warranty, and my dealer had a great service department.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a close watch on it.

Mike

Sent from my phone

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Not concerned. It will always be under warranty, and my dealer had a great service department.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a close watch on it.

Mike

Sent from my phone

Excellent! Yeah it's only something to worry about if you have a jerk service department!

It's once feature I don't have that I wished I did...although it rarely gets cold enough here to warrant having it.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
It is amazing the difference it makes. You get so accustomed to your hands being cold that when you drive a car with a heated steering wheel, you feel like it's almost too warm in the car.

Mike

Sent from my phone

·
Registered
324 Posts
I prefer the PC color, but the interior of the 100th AE looks fantastic... and I love that damn steering wheel. More limited too, obviously. Are they both R/T? And I didn't realize it until after awhile, but there are several variations of these seats. If the PC has vented leather seats, they're the performance seats with more bolstering and look cooler in my opinion. The vented seat itself is nothing to run home and talk about though... I can feel it, but it doesn't cool you down too much.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Funny thing is, my Anniversary Edition turns the heads of women way more than my Challenger did. Go figure

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have the ventilated seats, they're worthless.
I disagree. Maybe because you're in LV with the "dry heat" but here in sticky humid GA, the ventilated seats keep me from getting leather seat sweaty back. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Hey everyone... I am so torn, i love the looks of the 100th anniversary with the leather seat pattern and the High Octane Red.

However, I also love the Plum Crazy Pearl color..... The R&T is MSRP'd about $1000 more but includes ventilated seats as the only real difference.

which would you chose and why? is the price difference something that I should care about if I can't the dealer down to the same price?

thank!
Any updates? And a few pointers for buying a car since you mendioned MSRP...don't go by that!!! I'm pretty sure nobody here has paid MSRP on their new cars for quite some time. There are at least three Dodge incentives/rebates right now you can take advantage of and that you can print off their own website. The salesman will swing for the fences right off the bat and see if he can get you to pay MSRP but you don't have to, nothing wrong with them making some money but you don't want to get taken advantage of either. The incentives alone will shave off 3K+ and get you close if not at invoice price. Go online and research to make an informed decision! You don't have to go for those two options right now if the price is not reasonable.

As far as which to get, I'm obvioulsy biased so I will just say that the 100th has the nicer interior and is slightly more "special" but you don't see PC everyday either and is a cool retro color if you can pull it off with your personality. You can't go wrong with either R/T though.

Good luck and let us know which one you get!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts