Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a 2014 Charger R/T and use the Diablosport inTune-DCX? I got mine a few weeks ago primarily to turn off the ESP and MDS. I installed the 91 octane tune, turned off MDS, boosted the throttle response to 15%, and stiffened up the transmission shift firmness and I have to say it definitely improved the feel of that car. My problem is that the ESP disable function doesn’t work and I was wondering if anyone else has had success turning it off. I understand that it’s only supposed to be a temporary disabling and ones you cycle the ignition, it returns to normal, but I get an error every time. After a few posts on the Diablosport forums and still no luck, I wanted to know if anyone else has had the same problem.

Also I was wondering if anyone knows or where I can find out the exact changes the tunes make in the PCM and what’s the difference between the 91 octane and the “diabotune” 93 octane tunes. I’ve tried them both and I have to say I don’t like the feel of 93 octane tune and I’m curious what are the specific differences.

Does anyone have any info or similar experiences?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The issue with switching ESP off with the tuner is it shuts off ESP and ABS...the bummer is you'll always have the warning lights show up on the dash telling you they're off. I don't know if that's a big deal to you but it was a deal breaker for me, I hate having lights on the dash

The only difference between the 91 and 93 tune is how the engine timing is advanced. The 93 tune had the engine timing advanced a tad faster to accommodate 93 octane fuel...which will net you a little (and I mean little) bit more power than the 91 tune which has the engine timing programmed for 91 octane fuel. Other than that the parameters are the same. The chargers usually run better on the 91 tune, at least that's what it seems like from member's accounts on the forum.

If you don't like ESP you can look into the Tranzformer shift kit...not sure if they make one for the 11+ chargers yet but they may have come out with one by now. The tranzformer can solve some of the issues you're having with the diablo.

Every now and then something doesn't work with the tuner, they all have small glitches. You can try and call their support number and see if they'll be any help. If not getting a custom tune done by their guy Johan will ensure the ESP gets switched off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured the timing was different due to the octane ratings, but it felt like the 93 octane tune didn't have as much low end power and the transmission seemed to shift differently - like it shifted too soon maybe to increase fuel economy? Either way, my biggest gripe is the ESP issue. I don't mind the lights being on temporarily, i just wish it would work like it claims to.
I see you have the Road & Track edition - do you have the 3 way traction control where you can press it once to allow wheel spin and if you hold the button it will turn it off so the ass can slide out and let you have some fun? I heard this was available with that package.
I would think someone could make a custom tune that incorporates those ESP programming instructions into the tune so we can all benefit from the 3 way option. Possible? or is there something different in the button or PCM hardware?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I figured the timing was different due to the octane ratings, but it felt like the 93 octane tune didn't have as much low end power and the transmission seemed to shift differently - like it shifted too soon maybe to increase fuel economy? Either way, my biggest gripe is the ESP issue. I don't mind the lights being on temporarily, i just wish it would work like it claims to.

I see you have the Road & Track edition - do you have the 3 way traction control where you can press it once to allow wheel spin and if you hold the button it will turn it off so the ass can slide out and let you have some fun? I heard this was available with that package.

I would think someone could make a custom tune that incorporates those ESP programming instructions into the tune so we can all benefit from the 3 way option. Possible? or is there something different in the button or PCM hardware?

Were you running 93 octane gas while running the 93 tune? The car may have pulled timing...that could explain the lack of power you felt. These tunes have no effect on the transmission, that's all factory shifting you were feeling. Diablo has yet to release transmission tuning.

No the 3-way traction control is only available with the super track pack option...my car didn't have that. My dealer didn't order any...bummer :( so I just have the standard 2-way traction control. But my car slides all over the place without a problem haha.

I do know that Arrington has the ability to tune the tcm and mess with shift points and all that good stuff. They may be able to help with the ESP issue also, but I'm not positive. AJ over at Arrington is one of the best tuners around, email him and ask him if he can help you out. He's a really nice guy! I'll PM you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts