Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ya, my 4 month old beautiful car with 4900 miles on it was wrecked last week. Terrible. What a waste...

But I found one to replace her. But its in another state and I don't have time for a road trip. Have any of you used a shipping/transport service? If you can recommend one, I'd love to hear about it...

Thanks

Brian and his rental car...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hope everyone was okay. Folks are going to need some additional details.

From where to where? Covered or open transport?

Have you considered USHIP.com where companies bid against each other for the best price to move your item?

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
I'm sorry for the loss of the car but I'm glad at least you're ok. I have not specifically transported a car on my own like that, but I did have a local dealership look for the car I wanted. You guys can negotiate the price without the car being actually there, and when they find the one you're looking for they can do the transport for you and you can pick it up at the dealership. They tried to screw with me on that at first though and asked me if it was "cool" with me that the NEW car I bought was going to have 400 miles on it after one of their guys went to pick it up and DRIVE it back, I was definitely not COOL with that lol. I asked them if they could transport and they said fine. So watch out for that little money saving tactic they could try and use. Other than that it went fine, if you go that route though make sure you inspect the car thoroughly before you drive off, in my excitement about my new ride I did not notice some damage to a wheel likely done while transporting. Let us know how it works out and good luck!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. Sounds like everyone is ok. Just wondering if you ever considered getting a 2015 instead? The 2014 100th anniversary's are nice and I'm not telling you to go a different direction if that's what your heart is set on.

If insurance is giving you enough $ or close to a 2015 it might be worth a look.

Let us know how it all works out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the kind messages. I could spend a little more and get a 15. But I really liked the 14. Hard to decide...

I found one in Texas, and trying to figure out if its worth getting it up here to Oregon. I'll look into Uship. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
What color are you looking for? I know of one that can be shipped to your state for $400. It is white with a black interior. It's got 4k miles on it and the price is $31K.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really I interested in white, but thanks for the info.

What shipping company? Or was it only for that car?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Not really I interested in white, but thanks for the info.

What shipping company? Or was it only for that car?
Only for that car. It's in CA but they will transfer to Oregon for $400.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I shipped my Vette from Vegas to NJ about 5 years ago using DAS (http://www.dasautoshippers.com/).

It cost me $900 for covered transport. I was very pleased with them and had no issues with the car once it arrived. I hope this helps, if you have any question feel free to reach out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to hear about your accident. Sounds like everyone is ok. Just wondering if you ever considered getting a 2015 instead? The 2014 100th anniversary's are nice and I'm not telling you to go a different direction if that's what your heart is set on.

If insurance is giving you enough $ or close to a 2015 it might be worth a look.

Let us know how it all works out.
Well I'm glad I opened my mind to a 2015. Despite the 14's being a really nice car, I decided to go drive a 15 last week. I really liked the tranny...

Took my wife to see another one Friday nite, and we brought it home. Its missing just a little bit of the exhaust note that I loved - but I've heard there is more insulation in the new ones. I was also worried about the Electronic Power Steering - but they did a really nice job with it.

Too bad my DiabloSport InTune i1000dcx won't work with the 15 - yet. If anyone wants one, let me know...

Brian

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Congrats on the new car. PICs please. ?

Call diablo on your dcx. Not sure but they may be working on a update for the 2015s.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya I talked to a guy at DiabloSport. He said while they certainly will support the 15s, they don't have a timetable for when it will happen. So I'm not holding my breath... ;)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Ya I talked to a guy at DiabloSport. He said while they certainly will support the 15s, they don't have a timetable for when it will happen. So I'm not holding my breath...
Well I guess you can wait it out or sell It. I bet it will be about 6 months to a year from now before the update is ready. At least they are working on it instead of making you buy a whole new tuner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts