Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit 5.7 RWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like we pursuit owners aren't discussed much on the tech side. But yet SRT and Sports mode is possible with the small display.

Using AlphaOBD and the MX+ plug. I changed 3 things. SRT, Performance Pages, and I think Sports.

When the roads are so slick, will see if anything changes with drive ability.

And yes I have a low tire.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
2011 Pursuits will not have Sport Mode, or SRT pages in the Cluster.

Also, from what I have read Sport mode just gives a quicker shift which Pursuits already have IMHO, and prevents automatic upshift at redline when in autostick.

In AlfaBOD the setting for "Car is SRT" is what gives you the cluster stuff I believe, where as "Perf Pages Present" is for the radio stuff which requires a 8.4.

What I find interesting is you have a compass. My 2011 and some 2012s and 13s I have seen did not have the compass. I keep reading there is a module I need but cant get excat read on it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
My 2014 also has the compass. I guess that was first year on pursuits then?
No Clue. I can enable it via alfaOBD but I just get dashes. However I realized after two, three months of having the RB5 Nav that the nav icon actually shows my direction of travel.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,787 Posts
On my 2013 I found sport mode to hold gears longer shifting at a little higher RPM, shifts were a little more aggressive, so was down shifting, and the one I didn't like was it holds it in 4th gear until going highways speeds so around town it would not loaf in 5th.
So its good it can be enabled/disabled at will.
If one has no access to a tune or other mods its great. I just remember thinking I would not want to be forced into driving it like that all the time. I like to loaf in 4-5th as soon as reasonably possible if not sporting around.

Reactions: Sniper2323

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Do any of the pursuits come with paddle shifters or can they be adapted?

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit 5.7 RWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my 2013 I found sport mode to hold gears longer shifting at a little higher RPM, shifts were a little more aggressive, so was down shifting, and the one I didn't like was it holds it in 4th gear until going highways speeds so around town it would not loaf in 5th.
So its good it can be enabled/disabled at will.
If one has no access to a tune or other mods its great. I just remember thinking I would not want to be forced into driving it like that all the time. I like to loaf in 4-5th as soon as reasonably possible if not sporting around.
This is what I found on my 2014 pursuit RWD V-8 as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts