Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to grab a water pump from a 2014 Pursuit we have in the yard and this is what I found.
Car only has 12k miles. Bought 8/2017 Wilmington, NC Sabotage?
apump-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I've no idea what that goop is, but something tells me that there's more to this than meets the eye.

A brand new Pursuit only accumulates 12,000 miles across two owners in seven years? How long since it was last driven? Who has had access to it? Was Chrysler Pink HOAT antifreeze introduced into the cooling system at some point?

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,119 Posts
What happens when you mix coolants. Bad juju. Also it did sit quite a bit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've no idea what that goop is, but something tells me that there's more to this than meets the eye.

A brand new Pursuit only accumulates 12,000 miles across two owners in seven years? How long since it was last driven? Who has had access to it? Was Chrysler Pink HOAT antifreeze introduced into the cooling system at some point?
Story is female officer stuck frontend out a little to far and got hit. Car has been untouched since. Accident probably 2015-2016. I almost used the radiator on another car without testing cause it was so new. Where else would that contamination spread?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
If that sludge is the result of incompatible coolant mixing, it would be throughout the cooling system.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I'm guessing it sitting is the main reason for that sludge being so bad. Had the car been driven frequently with the heat it would have probably prevented it from becoming as thick as it is. If the cars been sitting for 5+ years I am sure that sludge is everywhere that gravity allowed it to settle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! So no sabotage just time sitting. Gotta tell ya more then one conspiracy theory ran thru my head. Had I just dropped that 12k motor in another car I would have cooked it for sure?

I'm not a mechanic and would not have caught it in time. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts